Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dobbs Challenger

nulty

One of the Regulars
I'm gald you mentioned that because that's been my observation as well. Alot of the hats don't bring much. I can only guess it's the abundance of hats in the smaller sizes that are available..

it's partially why I was so psyched when the 7.5 Stetson appeared. Alas , I was foiled again.....

It often maks me wonder why sellers stay at it like that given the amount of time they must expend

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
GoneSolo said:
I like his "detective fedora" descriptions. Pretty fun stuff.

Yeah, those are my favorite too. Even if I know the hat is too small I always end up reading his descriptions. I appreciate his knowledge of the subject. If I have to pay a little more but know that the seller knows what a brim is then that is fine with me. :)

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I consider him one of the best and most knowledgeable sellers on Ebay. his auctions are well written, and contain all the needed detail within the description. I have exchanged emails with him a couple of times and his responses have always been helpful and gracious.

So far I haven't bid on one of his auctions successfully, but I'm sure that I will eventually.

Whoever you are, keep up the good work!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Judging by his location in California, he's in my neck of the woods too. He has some really nifty hats, but alas few in my size. When he does, there is usually a bidding war for his stuff. I like his descriptions because he offers a wealth of info on the hat and has some fabulous images. I guess someday I'll be able to win one of his offerings.

Cheers!

Dan

astaire

One of the Regulars
Actually, besides this person we're discussing, there is another seller from California who has an amazing collection of "high crown" borsalino hats. I think he has sold some of his hats to fellow loungers.

Looking at how he blocks his hats before selling them makes me want to send my hats to him for a block and shaping. I'd gladly pay for the service.

J.B.

Practically Family
jamespowers said:
I cheat like Hell---anything to win. :p ...

:D :D Thus ever to tyrants... :D :D

I always keep "r" marked as a Favorite Seller just for the pure reading enjoyment. If I ever do nab one of his offerings -- at least I know that it will be accurately described as to size and condition, which is kind of a blessing. (Most eBay sellers are a real crapshoot!) :)

J.B.

Practically Family
Saaay, do I look like a man of unlimited resources to you?? :D

scroogexw7.jpg

...Oh excuse me. I seem to have a grain of dollar-dust on my left spat?! :rolleyes:

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
Dobbs Challenger ???

Hi everybody!
What's the deal with the challenger is that just a different model or is of less quality of other Dobbs models?
Thanks!

ptjoe

Familiar Face
Yes, I'd like to know more about the Dobbs Challenger also.
Is it 100% fur felt rabbit?
How does it compare to the Dobbs Premier hats in the quality chain?
Thanks guys.

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
Instead of starting a new thread, I'm bringing this one back seeking some information about the Dobbs Challenger.

I search the Lounge, but other than a classified ad, there's nothing on this hat.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points