Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doc Savage

DesertDan

One Too Many
....Possibly Doc needs to populate a hyper 1930s pseudo reality like Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow ... now THAT would be a lot of fun.

Yes. I think that would be the way to go. If they do a Doc Savage movie I hope they get a Director that can do it real justice.....not holding my breath on that one.

Bugguy

Practically Family
I still have a few - my son-in-law is storing several hundred of my vintage sci fi. I'll have to go into the archives and see what's left.

As for DesertDan's comments, if you ever read the original Allan Quatermain novels, then watched the movies, you'll see the worst case scenario of poor directing, writing and acting... but that's only one person's opinion.

MikeKardec

One Too Many
It's funny how James Bama, the artist who did most of those 1960s Bantam paperback covers for the DS series, used that particular model for a lot of his paintings in that era, Doc Savage or not. I think the guy was an actor who did the old Flash Gordon series but I'm not sure if I have that right. Bama went on to do a lot of western stuff both book covers and fine art.

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
Why yes...yes I am a Doc Savage fan! Lol! I've begun reading a reprint of some of the first stories and they are terrific. I love how the stories describe the settings from back in those days, and blend it with exciting mysteries and adventure...and futuristic techno stuff.

The only ting is..it seems the author is o determined to show how skilled, powerful, and brilliant Doc is, he sort of goes overboard. I mea..so far Doc has no shortcomings, no flaws, nothing. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112