Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone recognize this hat?

Joedahat

New in Town
100_1133.jpg

LadyPowers

Familiar Face
Is it a Style Craft? Does the liner look similar to this (see below picture)? Style Craft would have cost $5.00 at Stromberg's in Trinidad, Colorado brand new (years ago), handmade felt, lightweight dense fibers and 100% fur felt. I could be wrong. I'm just a newbie, and its only 2:44 AM, Tuesday. ;)

Regards,

Lady Powers

Picture153.jpg

LadyPowers

Familiar Face
I didn't recognize it. Is that hat an original from the 1940s?. It is similar to another hat I have. It doesn't hurt to guess. :p Have you seen this one? Do you know what other hat brands that have the buckle on the ribbon?

Regards,

Lady Powers

Picture154.jpg

LadyPowers

Familiar Face
Picture154.jpg

My hat is a Style Craft from Stromberg's in Trinidad, Colorado (1940s-1950s), handmade felt, lightweight dense fibers and 100% fur felt. I bought it vintage and had Art Fawcett replace the sweatband, clean and reblocked it.

Regards,

Lady Powers

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Lady Powers,

WOW...what a terrific hat! Is the ribbon original? If so, one of the best ribbon treatments I've ever seen. It really sets off the hat and makes it stand out. Very, very nice.

LadyPowers

Familiar Face
Johnnysan said:
Lady Powers,

WOW...what a terrific hat! Is the ribbon original? If so, one of the best ribbon treatments I've ever seen. It really sets off the hat and makes it stand out. Very, very nice.

Johnnysan,

The Style Craft's men's fedora has a very unique flair. The ribbon, ribbon covered buckle, and bound edge are original. I was very fortunate to find one so unique, and well preserved for its age. This style would probably be expensive for today's hat manufacturers to duplicate.

Regards,

Lady Powers

InsolentPuppy

A-List Customer
Picture154.jpg

My hat is a Style Craft from Stromberg's in Trinidad, Colorado (1940s-1950s), handmade felt, lightweight dense fibers and 100% fur felt. I bought it vintage and had Art Fawcett replace the sweatband, clean and reblocked it.

Regards,

Lady Powers
Picture154.jpg

Regards,

Lady Powers

I recently ordered a Roy Rogers variant from Davis and Sons Hatting with a ribbon treatment based on this photo. I don't know if it be great or a disaster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112