Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Done and Done. Lost Worlds Buco Ryder White Elkhide

Lando

Practically Family
I'm done guys. I can't see ordering anything else that compares to this beauty. Oh sure, there are still others on order and I will enjoy them when they one day arrive, but they won't compare. This is of course only my opinion, many will think this jacket is hideous or impractically colored for daily usage perhaps; but I don't care one bit with a big smile on my face.

Lost Worlds White Elkhide Buco Ryder with a beautiful Crown Zipper. Elkhide feels so soft and yet so substantial, I cannot wait to put the miles on this thing and see how it fades and creases. Don't get me wrong, moosehide, goatskin and horsehide are all still fantastic hides, but this is another creature entirely, no pun intended. It's softer than most lambskins I've owned but doesn't feel weak or flimsy in any way. So yeah, I'm done.

Now I know what you're thinking. There are many kinds of done. Which one will this be. That, I do not know. What I do know is that I don't see anything on the market at this moment that even remotely stands by how amazing this jacket is to me. Lost Worlds really hit it right out of the park and up into orbit. And from what I've gleaned, they don't have many hides like this left anymore on the account of no one really having that much of an interest, or maybe the money as the current climate may be. So, that's me, being done, and very happy about it. I'll post more pics when I beat the crap out of it. Now, I just need some cold, or, to go somewhere cold so I can actually wear it lol. Or I'll just sit in my office and turn the air conditioner on high and just wear it. That won't be weird at all right...

7092733007_f17713825f_b.jpg

7092733149_f56a8f6ca7_b.jpg

Tony B

One of the Regulars
I like that but wouldn't fancy trying to keep it clean though but I take it that isn't the plan. I have enough trouble keeping smoke deer cleanish.

Is elk like thick deer skin IE.is the bit of suede on the zip pull like velvet or more like cow suede, because if it is I might be after some to get a suede side out jacket made and it is something you just dont see in this country.

Regards Tony

Lando

Practically Family
Tony B - It feels velvety and soft on the flip side. Soft like deerskin, but way thicker.

Qinhan - New Old Stock Crown yes. The Crown Zippers are by far my favorite.

Deluxestyling - Thanks.

Lando:, man, I hope this beauty takes some of the USPS sting off for a while. I love this jacket. Elk/deer is a great hide, but 100% different than what we usually wear and discuss here. I'd love to see pics of you wearing that, but that's up to you. I'm glad you got this whist waiting on "oher jackets". Is this for just causal wear or riding? Was it a custom, or one already made? That looks so comfortable - jealous for sure.

Lando

Practically Family
Grayland: I have a complex system of rules to keep myself from becoming farcical. Cowboy boots are like alcohol to me. To be used with exacting measure or else it becomes unhealthy, quickly, and you end up looking bad. Lessons learned over years of being accidentally farcical.

Butte: It was a custom only in the zipper choice and the hide. Otherwise its a pretty standard Buco Ryder, but I really enjoy that style. The chest pocket adds some geometric design to the otherwise smooth surface of the jacket that I've always liked. The general cafe racer style is just too smooth to me. I'll get pics up when I crease out the sleeves a little. Lost worlds always start a little long on the sleeve for me then crease down to the perfect length with a little wear. This being elk though, I have no idea how it will behave with use.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Hey Lando:

That is a fine looking LW Ryder. Do you ride? Just curious how the Elk would hold up over time used on a motorcycle. I have an Elk hide jacket as well and you are correct about the leather being thicker than deer and comfortable to wear. I use my for business trips without the bike. It is a Jl Powell jacket that i picked up on extreme sale.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Looks cool! Post a few pics when it is a bit creased up, that is worn in, and has a little road patina to go with it. Hey, I said road patina, not gravel rash:)

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Yeah thats a beauty! I would love to see it on, you can just cut out your head if you want to stay anonymous.
I would like to see the back.

Unless its the only jacket one owns I think that color is a really good choice!

P5640blouson

One of the Regulars
Awesome jacket, totally awesome. Any wear pics? Also may I ask how the jacket ordered measured up? I would like to achieve one of those but am wondering about the sizing. I wish they had all the standard measurements listed to give an idea of the actual fit against labeled size.

oh shoot...1 year old post, oh well.

Edward

Bartender
Stunning hide and colour. I quite fancy something in a similar hide myself. Puts me in mind of the "Summer Halfbelt" Aero did a few years ago.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Tis nice, but I can guarantee you that if I was to ever get something in that colour, the first time I stepped outside with it on, a passing pack of friendly dogs fresh from a good swim would make a bee-line for me.

Last edited:

Lando

Practically Family
Not the best picture but I'll get better ones up soon. The leather shows very little wear to be honest, and I will admit that I have avoided rain but not much else. I have a lot of jackets, like many of us here, so I tend to cycle through and that means I just don't get the wear on some of my jackets others might in the same time. But I still love the damn thing and don't regret a cent that I spent on it. As for pulling things off; I just wear whatever I feel like and don't really care what anyone else thinks.

I am planning on putting a layer of neatsfoot oil on soon around the inside band of leather that rubs against my jeans. Some of the indigo's rubbed off on the cream elkhide, which doesn't bother me much based on the fact it's on the inside of the jacket and hey, that's life. I figure I'll neatsfoot this inside band and see if it darkens the leather a little, making the indigo stains not so noticeable. If I like the way it darkens the tone, and it doesn't mess with the overall feel of the leather, I might just do the whole jacket. We'll see though, got to let that oil sit a few days and soak in and dry.

8543321915_cea7fb519d_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21