Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Done and Done. Lost Worlds Buco Ryder White Elkhide

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Interesting Jacket Lando. I, personally could never wear anything so white because... quite frankly... I'm a slob. There'd tobacco juice, coffee, slobber... all over that thing quicker than you could say Jack Robinson. Looks good on you, real good. Enjoy it in good health.

Worf

Lando

Practically Family
I'm actually wondering myself how much it will darken with the neatsfoot. Ive never oiled something this light before. I did oil my sister's leather duffel at one point that was a very light gray. When I was done having given it three coats of oil over a couple weeks, it was a darker and even warmer gray. So, if this ends up like that, I may just oil the whole jacket. For now, I'm just oiling the one spot and seeing how it reacts. I'll add pictures when it's absorbed and dried. Show the before and after.

P5640blouson

One of the Regulars
looks real cool.

Looks really cool. No problem pulling off the white leather jacket, it speaks for itself in a good way, IMO. I wear my white Lewis Leathers Super Monza on informal occasions (not safe for high level meetings at work-draws too much attention and comments) and it has built up some wear and dirt over time, but nothing that cleaning with leather cleaner does not correct as the jacket is pigmented full grain 1.3mm moo leather. Pigment is starting to rub off on sleeve ends but that is about it. Cream/white off colored jackets are really cool in my opinion as they are quite rare and by special order only. Wear it in great health man! Maybe I give Stuart another call soon and get one made up like yours!

Lando

Practically Family
Love that main zipper BTW!

Thanks much. That Crown zip was probably the tipping stone for me getting this jacket. I'd wanted to make something like this, but when I found that crown zipper, it oddly made the whole jacket work for me.

Wear your white Lewis well sir. Love to see some pics of it too if you get a chance.

pauleway

Practically Family
Thanks much. That Crown zip was probably the tipping stone for me getting this jacket. I'd wanted to make something like this, but when I found that crown zipper, it oddly made the whole jacket work for me.

Wear your white Lewis well sir. Love to see some pics of it too if you get a chance.
My brother has a Eastman B-6 w/Crown zipper and has had nothing but trouble with it. Any tips to give to help him out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21