Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Double breasted knit waistcoats! Wow!

sproily

Practically Family
When I saw this I was immediately in love! A knit double breasted waistcoat.. so so beautiful.

knitwest.jpg

This is from 01.01.1934 finnish Atlas-catalog. You can browse it here: http://digi.lib.helsinki.fi/pienpai...2&pageFrame_currPage=12&pageFrame_currFrame=2

I haven't seen this type of double breasted waistcoat ever before.. has any of you? Do I have to get one made to get hold of one?

Beautiful.

sproily

Practically Family
And so it seems that the waistcoat is actually a "pullover" as it is stated in the text. The buttons are just faux I believe.

...I think.

sproily

Practically Family
Here's a rough translation:

"Observe the pictures on this page, men's pullovers! The same "handmade" look as in womens jumpers! And the same diversity in quality -- from the most glamorous tennispullover to the thickest and coarsest sweater. It is offered far and wide all over Finland - even to the most northern areas the vast log worksites. Atlas sweater is indeed an unbeatable piece of clothing in the most freezing conditions.

For winter one must also remember the Atlas skiing outfit (picture on the next page)! While talking about menswear, one mustn't forget the other Atlas sportswear such as Atlas warming up suits."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points