Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Duluth Trading Co - AWOL Bag

bucketboss

New in Town
Zippers

So here's the thing with zippers. The ones I specified are YKK arguably the best available and expensive. They are not in fact plastic but Nylon and self repairing and should last as long as a brass one. The brass looks more "classic" but really at par with the good nylon ones. Especially as large as the one on this bag (#10). A brass zip needs to be lubricated and if you lose a tooth the integrity goes away (non self repairing) so they are not the end all either. There are minimum quantities to purchase these zips and by buying a YKK they are controlled by a few distributors who jack up the price. Can you say $$$$?

Bottom line. Brass costs a few dollars more but it gives you a look that you can't get with Nylon. They both are good zips. If it says YKK its the best IMHO and will last brass or Nylon.

BTW a knockoff brass zip can be garbage. They are sharp edged and stick like crazy. Look at the brand before you judge a zipper.

Dave F.
In Minneapolis

bucketboss

New in Town
Field bag/Shell bag

I don't know how to attach a pic to the post here. What can I do to show some pics of the shell bags I have?

Dave F.

bucketboss

New in Town
Images of the leather bag

Here are some images of the leather "Czech" bag I made for DTC. Note that these are branded as such.
DTC%20products

bucketboss

New in Town
I can't PM either so I guess if someone needs something or would like a bag you can email me at Bucketboss at aol.com (replace the at with symbol of course)
Thx,
Dave

Norskellunge

New in Town
Duluth Trading Co is my go-to for pants - I bought a duffle pack from them for my brother this Christmas and was impressed. I highly highly recommend Duluth Pack, though. Been around forever, just like your pack from them will be.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
I carried my father's old WWII canvas and leather AWOL for years until it finally died. I really ought to get one of Duluth's, just 'cause. Besides, I may find myself traveling for business more often and that looks to be a lot more practical than my stupid 'carryon' rollaboard that I can't figure out how to pack!

DavidJones

One of the Regulars
I've had the Duluth's AWOL bag and the leather European tool bag for years and both have given me great service.

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
I have the canvas one, with leather trim. I bought it about a year ago. My only complaint is that the handles aren't rounded where they fit in the palm. If they made them with a rounded, padded handle, I'd give it two thumbs up, but as it is, It gets one-and-a-quarter.

J.W.

A-List Customer
Would it be possible for the owners of the different bags to post some more pictures of them?
Although I've decided against the AWOL for the moment, because I'm looking for a new bag for air travel, I might still get one for a weekend away by car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider