Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman A-2 help

GregGale

One of the Regulars
Tickets booked, I will be there on Nov 17-18th Many thanks for the info, I wouldn't have thought of this. Two birds with one stone, as the missus has never been to foggy Albion before :)

Brettafett

One Too Many
Cool, will likely meet you there. Bare in mind that they will generally only have standard sizing in stock, so you may have too try on and then place orders... I would also email a month before and ask if the jackets you are looking for will be there...

Asaha

Familiar Face
Greg.. consider a RW27752 XL. You should get the 18.5 shoulders and 22 pit there... Plus it has the collar stand, seal warhorse and contrasting olive thread... beautiful.
I had a 38 Long a few years back, it fit and looked pretty good.
@Brettafett Do you know if Eastman can customise the the shoulder for their A2 instead of going one size up? I just received my civilian jacket few days back and already planning for an A2 for my holy trinity.:)
Contacted both Rob and Gary, but no reply.:(

Asaha

Familiar Face
As far as I know, Eastman is not offering customizations anymore, only long and extra long variations.
Long and XL in terms of just sleeve and back? Sorry if that sound very obvious.
One of their slender A2 shoulder is 16.75", do they change it to lets say long and add an inch?

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Going up for the 'Pop Up' shop in Shoreditch too..after an ELC MC C-3 Vest..and a couple of beers :)

Brettafett

One Too Many
No, they won't customise... Only lengthen the sleeves and body. Its very tricky to take in the shoulders, thats a serious pattern adjustment... That said, drop Rob an email... I think they may be on holiday at the mo, or busy with Airshow orders... so will have to wait. I'm in the same boat ;)
Aero may do some customisation though, within reason.
The Slender is trim, truly!
Sloan, they should have a link to a map... if not I can find it for you... It is a little obscure... Wear your 1756!

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I emailed Aero once about whether they could add width to the shoulders of their A-2 jackets because I found them to be too tight in a jacket that otherwise fit very well. They replied that that they could not make any such alterations to their stock pattern.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
I emailed Aero once about whether they could add width to the shoulders of their A-2 jackets because I found them to be too tight in a jacket that otherwise fit very well. They replied that that they could not make any such alterations to their stock pattern.

To alter just the width of the should would be difficult, especially if you want to keep the pattern pretty much the same.

This is last year's ELC opo-up shop.

page3_zpsadixg7gl.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's a single panel, so once you start shifting those dimensions you're potentially changing the whole shape and fit.

GregGale

One of the Regulars
Hypothetically speaking, if I don't find an Eastman that I like in the popup store, and I go with an Aero Bronco, what options should I go for?

Color:
I don't like light russet, but nearly black jackets either. Their "seal" is the same as Eastman's "seal"?

Leather:
Jerky vs Vicenza - what's the difference?

Cuffs:
What color cuffs would be accurately matching a seal brown jacket? Rust or Mid brown?

kasa7

Familiar Face
Hypothetically speaking, if I don't find an Eastman that I like in the popup store, and I go with an Aero Bronco, what options should I go for?

Color:
I don't like light russet, but nearly black jackets either. Their "seal" is the same as Eastman's "seal"?

Leather:

Cuffs:
What color cuffs would be accurately matching a seal brown jacket? Rust or Mid brown?
Did you try the US Mfg A2 Jackets (flightjackets.com)?

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Did you try the US Mfg A2 Jackets (flightjackets.com)?
Hi Greg,
First I enjoy your glider photos (ASW 19? 21? Twin Astir?).
Both Aero and Eastman make great jackets, use great HH hides and provide great service and support.
IMHO its only your own privat taste who can guide you, once your wear or try the jacket.
The P.U. show is a great oportunity and or a visit to AERO, where you can do the same...see them, try them...wear them.
All the best and see you at the Eastman show.

Cocker

Practically Family

Color:

Leather:

Cuffs:

Hello Greg,

I'll try to answo the best of my knowledge:

- I think their Vicenza seal is lighter than the jerky seal, you might want to ask them for a swatch of each one

- The jerky is, well, jerky. Lots of character straight up, great grain, sometimes mismatched from one part of the jacket to another. IMHO, the closest a wartime A-2 would look. The vicenza is more smooth.

- For a Bronco, the mid brown knits would be the more correct

There you go!

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Hello Greg,

I'll try to answo the best of my knowledge:

- I think their Vicenza seal is lighter than the jerky seal, you might want to ask them for a swatch of each one

- The jerky is, well, jerky. Lots of character straight up, great grain, sometimes mismatched from one part of the jacket to another. IMHO, the closest a wartime A-2 would look. The vicenza is more smooth.

- For a Bronco, the mid brown knits would be the more correct

There you go!
Hi Cocker,
I have a very recent Aero A-2 HH 42-15142-P in 44” ( posted photos in another thread about softest HH leather etc,...)
I can confirm the Aero Jerky HH is lighter than all I have handled so far...Recent ELC War Horse, all GW HH and Vincenza.
On a scale or weight balance,...the lightest of all is the jercky Aero HH.
the heaviest the GW shinki.
I also do enjoy your cockpit photos... ( looks like from a Zlin, T-6, Cap 21 ,or Electra...or?)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider