Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman a2 Pearl Harbor

pbxl

New in Town
Hi guys
Since 3 years I follow different threads ...
This brings me to buy aeroleather highwayman Cheyenne and an Eastman Pearl Harbor as I'm also a pilot ✈️
Time to post some pics of it
I'm 1,81 and 95 kg
Tha a2 is a size 44 no extra long.
Beautiful jacket ...at least to my taste :)) I was wondering if I should not have bought the extra length but think it's the normal fit ..feedback welcome

REM i struggle to post more than one pic and not in attachment need help ...:-(

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 891
Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to the lounge, good to have more Belgians around!
You might have more luck using Photobucket to upload pictures, it is much easier and allows bigger pictures.
Just create a Photobucket account, upload your pictures to it and then copy and past the IMG code into the thread.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Great looking/fitting A-2 and welcome to the Lounge. These days I avoid Photobucket like the plague because of virus and malware that can infect my computer and has. Nowadays I download pictures on my desktop and then resize the pictures if necessary; then save on my desktop; then click on "Upload a File" on this forum and click on "Thumbprint" to transfer to my post. Several ways to post pictures, but this is the way I do it.

Last edited:

pbxl

New in Town
For the a2 I think that the bottom should meet the watch pocket of the jeans .. that's how I like an a2 ... understand the one who liked it longer but...
TTqScZ.jpg

tEaJKG.jpg
Gn4284.jpg

And à aeroleather Cheyenne in oil pull horsehide size 44 stock measurements....Eastman and aeroleather are 2 incredible leather company
AR2MY9.jpg

cvNKkC.jpg

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Great additional pics. That Cheyenne is a beast but a fantastic cold/foul weather coat that can be layered underneath as well.

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
The length is perfect.

Like Fanch, I too had trouble with a virus from Photobucket. The problem was with the ads on the site. As I was already committed to Photbucket, I got an ad free account years ago, and have had no problems since.

BobJ

Practically Family
Correct proportional length is a quite subjective opinion. I like my jackets a bit longer, but I am tall and relatively slender, and short jackets make me look all arms and legs - like a daddy long-legs spider.

You wear this length very well, it looks good on you. I have a feeling you will find it light, comfortable, and easy to wear... and will find yourself constantly grabbing it as your go-to jacket. After all, you have the Cheyenne if you need or want something longer.

As far as being historically and period correct, you nailed it! In old photos, you can see that there were lengths all over the place - either because you had to take what you were issued, or you got to choose based on your personal preference. Even back then some guys liked a neater, more stylish fit and some guys liked a looser, more comfortable fit. But the length you have, seems to be the common standard around which they all revolved.

Some of the reasons it was designed to be a shorter fitting jacket were: Because pants were worn higher back then, Pilots wore it in a sitting position, It was often worn UNDER other layers in cold weather, and, Because of the other gear the pilot had to wear - including gloves:

47980-004-8DBA807B.jpg

You did well pbxl... now get out there and save the world from Hitler! ;)

pbxl

New in Town
Thx all nice & useful feedback as always on this forum
Indeed the a2 is fantastic .. i can move It s what i fear not to be able to do with the other original makers jacket.. but not to roomy to my taste.
Really light.. light , the cheyenne & highwayman (one of the reason i do not wear the highwayman so often) are dead horses compare to this.
Jacket Feels a bit ^plastic^ in the beginning but had it only since 3 days .. Surprising as it s a time worn finish. Put some saddle grease to soften a bit and stretch it.
Have to make something for the collar as i see the back picture something wrong.
Only the time now will act.

Rem : bob with all the standard equipment i can no longer enter my plane :-( hopefully the parachute are now integrated in the plane saving plane & pilote if shoot down :)

Last edited:

pbxl

New in Town
Thx nick
I forgot to mention that I use my watch quite often when flying (got a gps one and for time tracking)..with shorter sleeves I'm able to read it effortlessly which should Maybe not be the case with the long option.. maybe useful for other pilot.
When sit in the car/plane size is right so no need for extra inches

Last edited:

Cocker

Practically Family
Welcome aboard, fellow Belgian!

The A-2 is a perfect fit, IMHO. I like the A-2 on the short side, way more practical when sitting in a car/aircraft. Seems that you'll also be able to layer a bit underneath, which is not a bad thing at all.

seres

A-List Customer
.... i can move It s what i fear not to be able to do with the other original makers jacket.. but not to roomy to my taste....

I was curious about the fit of that Pearl Harbor jacket. I know the “house” Eastman jackets are cut a little “fuller” and feel and wear a little differently than the “original contract” versions. Good info!

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Went for a RW Contract A-2 from ELC to ensure shoulder & chest room, would size up (1) next time too :) My RW fits like the proverbial glove :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points