Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman air comfort

Peter Mackin

Practically Family
Does anyone know if the horsehide this is made of,warhorse,is similar to vincenza or shinki,,as I think it's fantastic,,I would love a shawl collared Aero in this hide,,,beautiful colour & weight.

Last edited:

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Does anyone know if the horsehide this is made of,warhorse,is similar to vincenza or shinki,,as I think it's fantastic,,I would love a shawl collared Aero in this hide,,,beautiful colour & weight.

I got a batch of swatches from Eastman about six months ago when I was thinking of buying an Air Comfort, which I didn’t because of the stock sizes. He knew it was that jacket I was interested in because I did it by phone and he measured one. But the batch did not have any with warhorse written on it. They were mostly different shades of Vincenza and one Vintage brown, with one heavy HH as well. The writing on the Vincenza was identical to some swatches of the same hide I got from Aero, so I assume the tannery or wholesalers do the swatches and send them to the jacket manufactures. Or maybe some people just have identical handwriting. But the Vincenza is the same leather.

I think the Air Comfort might be made of the Vintage Brown though. I’m not sure about that but that was my memory from when I spoke to him. It’s heavier than the Vincenza but very supple. The Warhorse thing is just a marketing name from Eastman I think.

Edward

Bartender
Yes, I don't think Warhorse is a tannery name, always seemed ELC's thing to me. Seal Vicenza should be fairly close to the look of the Air Comfort, I think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ