Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman B6 Rough Wear

Arch,Actually, it's quite the opposite. It refers to my background in cryptographic security systems. I specialize in IT security, but started my career in encryption which is commonly referred to as crypto.DavePS I saw Jon Wainwright's Irvin's and they gorgeous!, any input?
FWIW, I want one of Jon's Irvin's for next winter. I think they're gorgeous.http://www.aceshighjackets.com

Last edited:

archbury918

One of the Regulars
Very nice jacket! The finish on it looks great. As for authenticity it has more panels on back than a true wartime issue jacket.
I guess my Yankee heritage slips in with my preference for USAAF jackets.

If you are thinking an Irvin, this one has been available to the group for awhile (soon to go on ebay). It's a great price even with the exchange rate.

http://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12244

Butte: I just ordered an Eastman B6 Rough Wear. As soon as the dust settles, my next jacket is definitely going to be one of Jon's Irvin's, probably the multi-panel.
Awesome. At first, I didn't like the multi's, but I too think that's the one for me. Not sure why, but it's got my eye now.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
OK I'm a bit late with this but I only took these pics this morning.
First up is an Eastman ANJ4. I have had the jacket about 15 year now. Worn fairly regular the only issues I have had with it is the wear under the arms and general flaking all over of the surface finish.
Obviously the arm surfaces get more contact than the other areas but over all the finish has broken up like most sheepskins with a similar finish.
I must stress though the workmanship on the jacket is perfect.

P5080003.jpg

P5080002.jpg

P5080009.jpg

This is my Eastman Roughwear B3, had it a few years, probably about 10. Lovely jacket, again I cannot fault the workmanship. The surface finish has broken up through natural wear but again not in the way originals look. The cuffs and wear points have gone a bit bald simply through wearing the jacket a lot.

P5080014.jpg

P5080017.jpg

P5080019.jpg

P5080022.jpg

P5080021.jpg

Lots more pics if you want to see, but remember, these are old jackets to which details may have changed , especially Eastman's ANJ4, it now has button pocket flaps rather than studs.
Johnny T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk