Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
It may be a secret message...you know..nothing to do with the shady oak things....someone was missing a love bird...they PINE for them....you know...or maybe a misprint! Perhaps it means FINE...they got the F all messed up!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-NOS-Res...2Bf5Rc%2BO4Eo1bmlZI8M%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
I was able to have a palm reader and tarot card mentalist mesmerize someone's hat radar for finding a real steal of a deal on a clean vintage...and well...this just popped up and with no competition on any bidding. I have no clue how old this one is at all. None. Vintage yes...age? Not know. BUT it appears to be as clean as a whistle...and is a "crystal" color which we have not had come into our hat collection yet.

This I will send to our BOND here...for a slight brim trim and ribbon on that....he is such a super person when it comes to hat conversions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-NOS-Res...2Bf5Rc%2BO4Eo1bmlZI8M%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
I was able to have a palm reader and tarot card mentalist mesmerize someone's hat radar for finding a real steal of a deal on a clean vintage...and well...this just popped up and with no competition on any bidding. I have no clue how old this one is at all. None. Vintage yes...age? Not know. BUT it appears to be as clean as a whistle...and is a "crystal" color which we have not had come into our hat collection yet.

This I will send to our BOND here...for a slight brim trim and ribbon on that....he is such a super person when it comes to hat conversions.

Judging by the tag and the box, I'd say 70s, Cindy. Nice pick up. Should make for an interesting conversion.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Judging by the tag and the box, I'd say 70s, Cindy. Nice pick up. Should make for an interesting conversion.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Yes I am going to hope so. I have a few hats now to send to BOND as a gift....and one that needs his magic on...but now...I am going to wait to see what this one looks like and may send a larger box full of hats. My time is limited right now to even make a run to the post office.

Tonio

A-List Customer
This one got aggressive! Happy to just be an observer.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Royal...t-size-7-3-8-/391776261839#vi__app-cvip-panel

image.jpeg

Uhu

Familiar Face
I wasn't letting it get away

I salute you. A serious collector doesn't just know a rare and worthy piece when he sees it, he backs his passion with serious cash if need be. I'm merely a hat-wearer who turned to vintage in search of better quality, so I watched without bidding. Good to know this outstanding Stetson went to the right person. Truly a flagship piece.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I salute you. A serious collector doesn't just know a rare and worthy piece when he sees it, he backs his passion with serious cash if need be. I'm merely a hat-wearer who turned to vintage in search of better quality, so I watched without bidding. Good to know this outstanding Stetson went to the right person. Truly a flagship piece.

Your kind words hit home

and I do 100% consider myself a collector even though that seems to be a little bit of a taboo term around here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your kind words hit home

and I do 100% consider myself a collector even though that seems to be a little bit of a taboo term around here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think one can be both a collector and a "wearer". I collect/build/restore vintage mountain bikes. This I have knowledge of that I don't have about vintage hats. My rule about collecting bikes is I will not allow any of them to become "garage queens" that only adorn my garage walls....they must be ridden in the manner intended when they were designed and built. If they are not ridden for a whole season then they must be sold to someone who will use them. Not to say I take the rare ones out and ride them hard....some are sunny Sunday afternoon riders but ridden nonetheless. I think hats can be like that too. Collect them, restore them, care for them, AND wear them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points