Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Tonio

A-List Customer
1915 Stetson "The Event"
This hat was only made in 1915 during the fall/winter season

Owned by another member here, and was listed. Since seeing this one come around a few years back, I have always been interested in it. I'm honored to be the next owner, that is for sure.
f9f874f1f435f644a02691ea6f3cbd03.jpg
0f731a864b7a2bf720365e1dff5c43a9.jpg
a8b4d08a11ee2b084a398f4245a4ca2f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Congrats
image.jpeg

One knox, two Cavanaugh lot. Never owned a Cavanaugh let alone two. From research they should be 50s hats but we will see. The knox will probably be thrown back to someone who will enjoy its styling more than I ever will.

3af0f45b356376d30928bc2646cc7cfd.jpg
02f2478b5f1409bbf1ee67e6e8d729af.jpg
fc29cc1f28d1b51589b3ece4a48128a1.jpg

Based on the liner logo stating "New York" without any address, The Hatted Professor website dates the Cav at late 50s early 60s. It is the same logo as my stingy. Nice looking hat, what is the brim width? The Knox may be the same age or a little newer.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Based on the liner logo stating "New York" without any address, The Hatted Professor website dates the Cav at late 50s early 60s. It is the same logo as my stingy. Nice looking hat, what is the brim width? The Knox may be the same age or a little newer.
No details on dimensions from the seller. Saw the three and the trigger finger got itchy. We'll see if I like em or not. I'm not a liner protector/black sweat fan, so the knox will find a new home to whoever is interested, the other two depend on how i feel upon handling. I suppose tgats how it goes, win some, lose some

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Looking forward to seeing more

Not an everyday find around these parts... very nice!
cheers lads, hopefully it fits well and ain't too snug, I'm a shade over 57cm, but then it'll be a bit of a score which is also all it cost.

Haven't been able to find out too much about the shop, barring this entry in House of Fraser (department store) archive:
Company history
John Kirsop & Son Ltd , hat and cap manufacturers, of Glasgow, Scotland, was incorporated in June 1924 to take over the business carried on by the trustees of the late Thomas Kirsop, hat and cap manufacturer, of Glasgow. Its registered offices were at 133 West George Street, Glasgow. The company was acquired by House of Fraser Ltd, department store retailers, of Glasgow, in November 1956, and was subsequently wound up.

The branding on their silk top hat liners I have seen are 'kirsop & son', so maybe house of fraser kept a kirsop line for a while. Or maybe within the dates of the company. Anyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21