Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Well, I made a $35 offer on a Milan weave that was listed at $50 and the seller accepted. Free shipping, so woo-hoo! Hat came today and looks decent enough. It has a crummy sweat, which i was going to have replaced anyway, but when I went to snap dowm the front brim and try on the hat I noticed a tear right at the spot where the brim meet the crown, and also right where the sweat is sewn in. Crap.

Thing is, I don't know of this is a simple fix that can be addressed when adding the new sweat or not. I thought about changing out the hatband treatment as well, for a pug or something... I've looked closer there at the tear and the threads next to it on the right side look like they are about ready to pop loose, too. I sent an email to the seller, but what do you guys think? Is this one I should send back or can it be fixed with a new sweat and a few new stitches???

My first time dealing with something like this, so any info is greatly appreciated.

i-46FL2Z9-M.jpg
i-ND7tZhx-M.jpg

i-Sv7VdDv-M.jpg

Well, I made a $35 offer on a Milan weave that was listed at $50 and the seller accepted. Free shipping, so woo-hoo! Hat came today and looks decent enough. It has a crummy sweat, which i was going to have replaced anyway, but when I went to snap dowm the front brim and try on the hat I noticed a tear right at the spot where the brim meet the crown, and also right where the sweat is sewn in. Crap.

Thing is, I don't know of this is a simple fix that can be addressed when adding the new sweat or not. I thought about changing out the hatband treatment as well, for a pug or something... I've looked closer there at the tear and the threads next to it on the right side look like they are about ready to pop loose, too. I sent an email to the seller, but what do you guys think? Is this one I should send back or can it be fixed with a new sweat and a few new stitches???

My first time dealing with something like this, so any info is greatly appreciated.

i-46FL2Z9-M.jpg
i-ND7tZhx-M.jpg

i-Sv7VdDv-M.jpg
My inclination would be for the $35 to try and fix it. If nothing else it would keep me busy for a few hours and thus I would maybe not end up with a useable hat but I would have had a few hours of fun....not a bad trade off.

i-46FL2Z9-M.jpg
i-ND7tZhx-M.jpg

i-Sv7VdDv-M.jpg
Oh yes, and def get a new ribbon and bow once you have fixed the tear!

Scooterz

Practically Family

i-46FL2Z9-M.jpg
i-ND7tZhx-M.jpg

i-Sv7VdDv-M.jpg

Heck send it to me...... For that price if its real milan I would work with it if I were you.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here

It's not an overwelt. The brim is bound with black ribbon. Also not sure about it being 60s.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points