Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

WOW! Whatever, have a better life!

DanO, during my former life when I was dealing with people on the streets, myself and the group of fellow officers I regularly worked with developed an unwritten, one word color coded system we would use when an assisting officer approached to describe the person or particular situation one was currently involved with. Examples: green=good to go, yellow=obviously caution, red=things are heating up, black=arrest is imminent. I bet you can figure out what kind of person we used the color maroon for.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Oh. Ok. Sure. Yeah -- I'm really sure that's what happened there.

I'd bet the person just has more money than sense and just went, "OOOO -- OPEN ROAD HAT -- I'M GONNA BID $800 FOR IT!!!!!" so they could make sure they could have it. I think my scenario is a lot more likely than yours, but again...I really don't care and the reason doesn't matter. I just think it's funny it sold for that much. I find it even more funny that so many people are apparently personally offended by something so innocuous that I find humorous. :)
hats sell for that much all the time ... I assume you are new to this

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Looks older. Can't wait to find out more

2a222864380764e110bcb1ec396afd5d.jpg
222731b99d7a1a8b84de0021fd10fc24.jpg
a6f6e4878470d74eafa75cf64de2a2f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Anybody land this older Resistol from the Bay? I was watching it but got distracted with taking my kid to the fair. I really liked the appearance of it and the color especially. Not to mention Montgomery Wards holds a special place in my heart as my dad used to work there just before I was born and talked about it constantly.
IMG_1034.PNG
IMG_1035.PNG
IMG_1036.PNG

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Anybody land this older Resistol from the Bay? I was watching it but got distracted with taking my kid to the fair. I really liked the appearance of it and the color especially. Not to mention Montgomery Wards holds a special place in my heart as my dad used to work there just before I was born and talked about it constantly. View attachment 85579 View attachment 85580 View attachment 85581
I was watching that one, too, and actually wondered if you were bidding or not...

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
I was watching that one, too, and actually wondered if you were bidding or not...
I wanted to come in last minute and try to snag it but dropped the ball being busy at the fair. I had an absolute blast with my son but I must say that the fair has gotten ridiculously expensive!! Tickets for rides were a dollar a piece and most games cost 5 tickets!! Highway carnie robbery lol!

I wanted to come in last minute and try to snag it but dropped the ball being busy at the fair. I had an absolute blast with my son but I must say that the fair has gotten ridiculously expensive!! Tickets for rides were a dollar a piece and most games cost 5 tickets!! Highway carnie robbery lol!
Did it sell? How much? Would you have gone higher? I missed a great one from Miamibruno today as well, I really was interested, but was playing at the beach. Even if I did bid on it, I would not have been around to defend my top price. Hopefully that Stevens went to a fellow lounger.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Did it sell? How much? Would you have gone higher? I missed a great one from Miamibruno today as well, I really was interested, but was playing at the beach. Even if I did bid on it, I would not have been around to defend my top price. Hopefully that Stevens went to a fellow lounger.
It sold for $141.50. I'm not sure I would have gone much higher to be honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112