Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
This looks like a nice one. 20x Peters Bros in 7 5/8. Don't care for the band, but that's an easy fix. Incoming.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
the brim curl!!!!!!!!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I'll take another run at those pictures.

Fantastic, Richard.

I was actually chatting with Brad Peters at the Fort Worth Stock Show this weekend - his company had a booth there. Chances are that his grandfather (or maybe even great-grandfather) made or worked on your hat at the Peters Bros store, a short walk from where we live.

There are some other examples of the hats here: https://vintagehaberdashers.com/tag/shady-oak/

I’ve never successfully found a Shady Oak - I’m inspired to look harder now.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Fantastic, Richard.

I was actually chatting with Brad Peters at the Fort Worth Stock Show this weekend - his company had a booth there. Chances are that his grandfather (or maybe even great-grandfather) made or worked on your hat at the Peters Bros store, a short walk from where we live.

There are some other examples of the hats here: https://vintagehaberdashers.com/tag/shady-oak/

I’ve never successfully found a Shady Oak - I’m inspired to look harder now.
Thanks David, I was just starting to research it when I saw your post. It looks like it will need blocking and flanging so I might just take it up to Ft. Worth instead of to TX Hatters in Lockhart. This one is a Stetson Royal Deluxe sold at Washer Bros. Even though it's a Stetson the design was apparently a collaboration between Amon Carter, Tom Peters and Stetson. It would have been nice to have gotten one of the Peters Bros Banker Specials but I think I'll be happy with it.
I also think it would be dangerous for me to live a short walk from a hatter like Peter Bros.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks David, I was just starting to research it when I saw your post. It looks like it will need blocking and flanging so I might just take it up to Ft. Worth instead of to TX Hatters in Lockhart. This one is a Stetson Royal Deluxe sold at Washer Bros. Even though it's a Stetson the design was apparently a collaboration between Amon Carter, Tom Peters and Stetson. It would have been nice to have gotten one of the Peters Bros Banker Specials but I think I'll be happy with it.
I also think it would be dangerous for me to live a short walk from a hatter like Peter Bros.
I snagged two Peters Bros Shady Oaks last year. Posted them in the Peters Bros thread. They are currently out to Art Fawcett. I am having the work Peters Bros did redone/fixed.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/peters-bros.82936/page-26

It will be very interesting to see your hat when they finish. I live about 30 minuets from Peters Bros and would love to use them for sweatband and ribbon work. But right now I just couldn’t justify it. I bought a hemp from them earlier last year and absolutely love it. When Shane left it seems that the talent left.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
I snagged two Peters Bros Shady Oaks last year. Posted them in the Peters Bros thread. They are currently out to Art Fawcett. I am having the work Peters Bros did redone/fixed.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/peters-bros.82936/page-26

It will be very interesting to see your hat when they finish. I live about 30 minuets from Peters Bros and would love to use them for sweatband and ribbon work. But right now I just couldn’t justify it. I bought a hemp from them earlier last year and absolutely love it. When Shane left it seems that the talent left.
Thanks for the heads up Bill, that is disappointing to hear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112