Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

I'm slightly aware of that but I have trouble finding quality fedoras. Any search suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I’m an eBay addict and that’s where I find the majority of my vintage hats. I also check the classifieds here at the Lounge every day.

Aside from that, stick with hats from the early fifties or older. There are several threads here on dating hats. Putting in the hours here is the best way to learn what you like and then look for it online. On eBay, if the photos aren’t high resolution or otherwise dont show you all of the hat then move on. You can be selective and patience will pay off.

Start here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/links-to-important-hat-forum-threads.52584/

I’d get a few different styles and see what you like, but understand that your taste will most likely change over time if you stick with it.

Is anyone selling a fedora in a 6 3/4. Not looking for anything too specific right now just trying to find a few more hats in my size with decent sweatbands

Good morning! Can you be just a touch more specific insofar as any style you favor or avoid? I have nine (9) in a 6-3/4, and nine more in 6-7/8.

Last edited:

MatthewPace

New in Town
Good morning! Can you be just a touch more specific insofar as any style you favor or avoid? I have nine (9) in a 6-3/4, and nine more in 6-7/8.

Good day! I certainly can, I prefer center dent, diamond, teardrop, most anything with a pinch front. In terms of edge I’m okay with a cavanagh, bound, and snap brim. I’m not much of a fan right now for raw edges but I could be pursueded. I don’t care for open crown or telescope.

Anything else you’d like?

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Good day! I certainly can, I prefer center dent, diamond, teardrop, most anything with a pinch front. In terms of edge I’m okay with a cavanagh, bound, and snap brim. I’m not much of a fan right now for raw edges but I could be pursueded. I don’t care for open crown or telescope.

vintage hats are open crown, the creases are added and can be changed by the wearer by popping the hat back to open crown, than re shaping.

Gotcha, my mistake

Brim width and color preference.

Here's what I have...

As Splintercellsz says, we're ALL learning, and someday I WILL LEARN how to post a photo or a table in a PM. But, for now, this will have to suffice
DSC02973.jpg

If there is something that piques your interest, just holler and we can take this convo over to the classifieds; in full color, too!!

Attachments

• DSC02973.jpg
    DSC02973.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 90
Charlie, how did a melon head like you get all those pin head sizes?

Purchased in the interest of science, Perry.
Also for photo ops, but I couldn't find the Thanksgiving group photo of about 14 happily-hatted guys of ALL ages; the crowning (sorry, but I HAD to say that) achievement of that effort! I posted here somewhere, but most likely that went into the Photobucket vortex of doom. Apparently, I'll need to put that all together AGAIN (WOO HOO!!)

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Here's what I have...

As Splintercellsz says, we're ALL learning, and someday I WILL LEARN how to post a photo or a table in a PM. But, for now, this will have to suffice
View attachment 108328

If there is something that piques your interest, just holler and we can take this convo over to the classifieds; in full color, too!!
Try Tapatalk for posting photos in a PM. Works for me!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk