Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

End Of The Year Awards !!!

I am going to break protocol and nominate myself.......Most Technically Challenged Forum Member
I have yet to master loading pics

Bob do not eat up too much of 2017 figuring it out. I use to spend countless hours sending pictures from my PC.....then to the very fickle Photobucket, then to post from the bucket to the FL. Perhaps something may be different now. GOOD LUCK

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Bob do not eat up too much of 2017 figuring it out. I use to spend countless hours sending pictures from my PC.....then to the very fickle Photobucket, then to post from the bucket to the FL. Perhaps something may be different now. GOOD LUCK
I am still STUCK with that process....photobucket is slower than watching cement roads grow! Most of the time it just locks up and does NOTHING and it is not my computer. My computer is a "hot rod".

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I got so fed up with photobucket, that I started paying $40 annually to smugmug dot com. Excellent hosting site for newbies and pro's alike.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Dude, YOU WIN!
I'm runner up. Even with Fruno's help I couldn't figure out how to vote.
Hold on, cut & paste still baffles me and despite owning a smart phone for the last three years, I still cannot fathom how to connect it to the internet.
By the way, I had a selfie stick among my Christmas gifts, couldn't get that to work, so, like a lot of other things technical, it's gone back in it's box.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Hold on, cut & paste still baffles me and despite owning a smart phone for the last three years, I still cannot fathom how to connect it to the internet.
By the way, I had a selfie stick among my Christmas gifts, couldn't get that to work, so, like a lot of other things technical, it's gone back in it's box.
I'm with you on that, I don't think I would know how to use a "selfie stick" either! And really would anyone really need one? Seems if a picture is needed to be taken, why not ask someone else to use the camera or cell phone to take the picture?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Read the instructions ring a bell?

I have had no problem with Flickr, but most images I just upload from my hard drive lately.
Groucho.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I am going to break protocol and nominate myself.......Most Technically Challenged Forum Member
The problem that you have is not being familiar with terminology. To post a photo here on the lounge you will need to learn to click here, go there, select this click this, that and the other. Once you have done that the picture fails to materialise and you will get a sharp retort:
"File to large." This happened to me, so I had a long think about what file. Looking round my study I noticed that I had a four drawer filing cabinet, that must be it, cracked it. I sold the four drawer cabinet and replaced it with a two drawer.
Back to the Lounge forum. Click here, go there, select this click this, that and the other. Nope, it's still adamant: "File to large."
For the life of me I couldn't think what that meant, and then, quite suddenly it dawned on me. I went out to the garage and found all my old files, have to say they did look a bit sorry, big old rusty things, so I threw them out and bought a pack of small files. Back to the Lounge forum: Click here, go there, select this click this, that and the other. Alas it couldn't have been my workshop files. My last hope, I went around the house gathering up all our nail files, threw them all out and bought a pack of emery boards. Back to the Lounge forum: Click here, go there, select this click this, that and the other. The computer kicked my arse: "File too large." I knew this would cost me, but there's nothing for it. I rang the computer guy, told him my sorry tale. He said that the file was my photos. "Seriously? I replied. Well I've heard of a sandwich being renamed a sub but I didn't know that photos were now called files. Computer guy said that the computer turns everything into a digital package called a file, even photos become a mass of numbers and mathematical symbols. "So how do I reduce a file?" I asked. "You need," he said going off on the name of one of those websites that can boil the perfect egg reduce computer files and take the p*** out of you for being such a thick ignoramus. He lost me after, 'need.'
Read the instructions ring a bell?
That's a sensible piece of advice Joao, problem is, I'm not fluent in Gibberish.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
That's a sensible piece of advice Joao, problem is, I'm not fluent in Gibberish.
Usually the instructions are easy to read. Read them all, don't just jump to the part you want to know or you will miss a lot of details (terminology).
I even read the instructions of a simple powerbank...

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm with you, BB, except that I've never gotten over the suspicion that computers are basically evil, being based upon an idea that reduces out glorious universe to a 0 and a 1. This is why digital music sucks.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I'm with you, BB, except that I've never gotten over the suspicion that computers are basically evil, being based upon an idea that reduces out glorious universe to a 0 and a 1. This is why digital music sucks.
Not really... can be evil but on other... purpose/objective/though/...
Digital music does not suck, there is excellent work even with 1 bit sound (sound is on or off) that can blow your mind!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider