Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Kato

Familiar Face
Clinch by Brass Tokyo, CN last, brown hand dyed Horween Latigo

D06F3ED8-3E5F-4B50-878A-4D049486085E.jpg

Such a pair of charming engineer boots........................................................................................................................................................................................................like mine XDDDD

Is it ready to made or custom order made?
I had custom ordered a green latigo one, while the delivery time is one year...@@

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Your green latigo ones will be awesome possum. The ones that Loveusame redyed blue/green are so good

Last edited:

dallor667

New in Town
Im new here so please forgive me if this has been answered. I haven't quite made it through all 230 pages yet!
I just got in a new pair of work america steel toe engineers, and can't even get my foot down the shaft. I will be returning these, but am wondering what boots typically have a wider shaft. Obviously if I'm buying these I'm not looking to spend 500 plus.
Thanks for any info that may help!

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Im new here so please forgive me if this has been answered. I haven't quite made it through all 230 pages yet!
I just got in a new pair of work america steel toe engineers, and can't even get my foot down the shaft. I will be returning these, but am wondering what boots typically have a wider shaft. Obviously if I'm buying these I'm not looking to spend 500 plus.

Did you unbuckle the instep strap?

Had this problem with a pair of H&H boots before. If you're not looking to break the bank try a pair of Carolinas.

dallor667

New in Town
Thanks! Ill give it a go. I went with the Work Americas because it was the closest thing I could find to the Red Wing 2268 as far as looks are concerned.
I like the brown accents and the profile of a steel toe, are there any boots that closely resemble the 2268s/

jimmer_5

Practically Family

Dallor,

The challenge is that there really isn't much in the middle price points. Frye's boots fit true to size, and Chippewa offer good bang for the buck. I don't think the Red Wing engineers are worth the extra money. You'd be better served spending $400 on a basic pair of White's Nomads or Wesco Boss. You will get higher quality, thicker leather, mite solid build, and some customization.

dallor667

New in Town
Thanks jammer_5!
Ive finally made it through every page on this thread, and am leaning in the Whites direction!!
From what I understand, its better/less costly to go through a retailer than the manufacturor. I did read this right, correct?

Kato

Familiar Face
This is the 100th anniversary of Redwing 8258 I bid from japan last week.
The condition is quite well and the most important point is : It is made of Horween CXL leather....:p

The boots are completely cleaned and sterilized by ultraviolet lamp
IMG-20151003-WA0041.jpg
IMG-20151003-WA0046.jpg

They are as usual polished by using Saphir creme 1925
IMG-20151003-WA0051.jpg

IMG-20151004-WA0002.jpg
20151003_233816.jpg
IMG-20151003-WA0068.jpg

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Went to the Osaka Red Wing store and finally found a pair of Red Wing engineer that fits me. Down side is they only came in two colour the Red Wing engineer 2268 and 8268 in E width. Since I wasn't looking for another pair of black or roughout steel toe engineer boots, I passed on them. However there is another interesting find there. They finally made a pair of the tea-core 9268 Red Wing engineer without the steel toe and they look awesome. I hope that they would make them in E width in the near future.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
PSA- Baker's is having a Cyber Monday deal for 10% off (including MTO makeups). Code "cyber2015"

Monday Only

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto