Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, for years I've been wearing the Frye Jackson Engineer boots, sort of a cross between engineer and cowboy, and find them fine for walking, but even they feel a bit heavy if I'm on my feet all day. Although Frye has discontinued them (curse 'em), you can still find some sizes on Ebay or Zappos (avoid the zippered ones).

John_Z

Familiar Face
Some of you may remember I picked up a pair of Justin studded RRL's some 4 weeks or so ago. Been doing some work on them & here are some before & afters to see what you guys think.

f7d58a50-3457-4573-9274-0a086d5feb09_zpskqqmvxhh.jpg

IMG_0452%201_zpsxtdor091.jpg

IMG_0448_zps4bkgsiap.jpg

IMG_0450%201_zpsdur489kx.jpg

IMG_0449%201_zpsryaigbnv.jpg

IMG_0451%201_zps0j9qwxf4.jpg

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
To Alex from Brazil, there's a shop in Balck Earth Wisconsin that may well ship you a pair of boots, however as you stated it's probably impossible to avoid the import fees. That said I purchased (from the same store) a pair of bench-made in USA Frye Crodovan leather harness boots about 2 years back, and even through I went 11.5 US the Right boot was too wide. I had heavy wool socks on on the fit-up and they seemed ok in a brief test. With anything less than that heavy sock, the right foot simply flopped around too much inside. Here is a link to the boots I owned but sold: http://www.thefryecompany.com/belted-harness/d/77250C16867?CategoryId=109

agrocrag

New in Town
I was about to order a pair of White's nomad boots but it looks like the smooth black leather is dyed all the through the leather. This is a problem for me because I wanted that faded look that happens with dress leather. Does anyone have a pic of the smooth leather fading to a lighter color, or should I just go with wescos?

John_Z

Familiar Face
Those RRL's are SWEET!
Cheers buddy :)

My current line up, longest owned at the left through to most recent at the right of picture. Yes I do have the matching left hand boot for each shewn & no I haven't only got one foot :rolleyes:

Xelement / Beck (Toys McCoy) / Lone Wolf (Sugar Cane) / WESCO / Unbranded (USA made) / Carolina / Lone Wolf (Sugar Cane) / ELMC (John Lofgren) / RRL (Justin Boots) / ELMC (John Lofgren)

IMG_0469_zpslp1gegbr.jpg

IMG_0459_zpsacgpkpdd.jpg

Alex Neves

New in Town
Cheers buddy :)

My current line up, longest owned at the left through to most recent at the right of picture. Yes I do have the matching left hand boot for each shewn & no I haven't only got one foot :rolleyes:

Xelement / Beck (Toys McCoy) / Lone Wolf (Sugar Cane) / WESCO / Unbranded (USA made) / Carolina / Lone Wolf (Sugar Cane) / ELMC (John Lofgren) / RRL (Justin Boots) / ELMC (John Lofgren)

IMG_0469_zpslp1gegbr.jpg

IMG_0459_zpsacgpkpdd.jpg

OMG!!! This is indeed a nice collection!!!! Congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch