Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

illumin8em

A-List Customer
It's a long shot but by chance would anyone have a pair of size 12 RRL x Julian engineer boot the'y like to trade for this size 11? For sale if not.

33156415772_30bc45b105.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Picked up a pair of these recently at very steep discount:

83-0011-39.jpg
[/img]

TCX Custom GTX engineer boots, with Goretex lining. Very comfy, nice boots for under a ton. Only pity is the 'TCX' logo branded on the front, but that will never be seen as I wear my trews out over my boots. There is also the TCX Heritage model which doesn't seem to have the logo, though that's only available in an oiled finish that doesn't take a shine. Can see these becoming my heavy-rain go to.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Brian would probably be willing to explain the toe track in even more detail if you emailed him. I know him and I have talked about it before.

Mr. Cragganmore

New in Town
I've suddenly felt the urge to buy a pair of engineer boots. I say 'suddenly', but it's actually been about a week, since I read this thread. Plus I want to fold some socks over the top of my boots, just for the hell of it.

What I mean is, all of a sudden I like them, after years of poo-pooing them as rockabilly accessories of choice.

I've looked into Chippewa and Wesco, both of which offer styles I like (I want plain, no fancy stuff). Can I have a show of hands for Chippewa and Wesco, plus any other recommendations, please? If any UK FL members can provide links to retailers, I'd be especially grateful.
I own a pair for the redwing engineer boots and love them. I have three pair of redwing boots and love them all. The engineer boots took a few weeks of wear to break in, but they are amazing now.

Shelbyone

New in Town
hello there! does someone else have the Chippewa 1940 11" 4363BUR with oiled Horween leather in size 9E? I usually wear size 10D in every other boot/shoe.After wearing them at home for a week they feel pretty comfortable, even though a little tight around the toebox..
I have no reference as to what degree the horween laether will still stretch...anyone with the same boots?!

mendelboaz

One Too Many
hello there! does someone else have the Chippewa 1940 11" 4363BUR with oiled Horween leather in size 9E? I usually wear size 10D in every other boot/shoe.After wearing them at home for a week they feel pretty comfortable, even though a little tight around the toebox..
I have no reference as to what degree the horween laether will still stretch...anyone with the same boots?!
I have never seen these boots out in the wild, and I'm really curious what they're like. Could you please take some good pictures to show here?

Shelbyone

New in Town

Attachments

• chippewa1.jpg
    chippewa1.jpg
    883.6 KB · Views: 235
  • chippewa2.jpg
    chippewa2.jpg
    762.4 KB · Views: 201
  • chippewa3.jpg
    chippewa3.jpg
    598.3 KB · Views: 214
  • chippewa4.jpg
    chippewa4.jpg
    726.4 KB · Views: 215

mendelboaz

One Too Many

@Shelbyone I actually quite like the look of these, except for the non-rolled top-- despicable. Original Chippewa engineer boots had a rolled top and it just looks flimsy and sloppy not to include it. But thanks so much for the pics, I might actually pick up a pair in black someday.

@mendelboaz Did your 40's Chipp's fit? I wish someone would re-pop those!!!! My Grail.
Brian has a pair that inspired his 40's last, but it's not exactly the same.

Last edited:

Shelbyone

New in Town
quick question...I am debating to either sell my new pair of Red Wing 2268 ( old stock, steel toe) or get only the heel replaced or completely resoled...( I dont like the plastic heel - Brian has some amazing examples of resoled Red Wing's with a much better looking heel) mhmm..

sola fide

One of the Regulars
quick question...I am debating to either sell my new pair of Red Wing 2268 ( old stock, steel toe) or get only the heel replaced or completely resoled...( I dont like the plastic heel - Brian has some amazing examples of resoled Red Wing's with a much better looking heel) mhmm..
I'm a proponent of resole if you like the style and you have a say-so on the sole and heal.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
I say resole 'em and have the steel toe removed. Or wear the current sole out first and then have them resoled. I see the less pretty, stock sole as 5 years of free service. It would be a waste to spend 200 dollars on a resole now while you have a perfectly good sole left. You're gonna have to have them resoled eventually anyway, multiple times. These boots'll outlive you. You already paid good money for 'em, so you'd better get as much out of them as you can.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21