Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Shelbyone

New in Town
Wearing my new Wesco Boss non stop since getting them.

cbef96ada89bac2f9621311f0df1c60f.jpg
these look great! is that PT toe? what leather?

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Domestic crisis has forced a pause - I needed to get my fireplace replaced at a moment's notice. However, I now know somebody who is willing to mule a pair of Wescos back to me from America, which should help drive down the cost somewhat, so I'm just biding my time until they're over there again.

I understand, if I could have find someone to bring them back....

I paid $110 for shipping costs and €140 in custom duties.... and I was "lucky" because Wesco declared a lower value for the boots.

these look great! is that PT toe? what leather?

No it's the western toe and it's black tie domain.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I emailed the guy at Big Black Boots and he gave me a 'all-in' price that was eye-watering. Admittedly it was when the pound was in the ground, it's a little better now, but it's hardly back to pre-Brexit vote levels.

Edward

Bartender
Still around 1.25usd to the £. Far cry from the heady days of 2.2usd in 2008! I think it's going to be some time before I buy anything from the US again, alas.

Killick

One of the Regulars
You're killing me, man!!! The wait is getting harder and harder... Those boots are looking amazing!

They really are taking on an awesome look very early! And more than likely will out last me.
Congrats be sure to posts pics as soon as you get yours.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Did you get brown hh engines with the 2307 last or w/e?

I got the same boot and I wear it daily. My favorite pair. I think my other pairs are jealous.
I forget his last names, but I got mine with his original, slim, flatter last and not the newer, larger one he developed later.
They're fantastic, but I have some more Clinch and White Kloud as well so I will still have to rotate :D

Lost Ronin

One of the Regulars
Okay well I received my custom Boss engineer boots from Wesco.

I took out the leather insoles. I'm wearing thick boot socks. The same ones I was measured in for the boots to be made. I have a soft toe box with no reinforcements at all. Just leather.

I just got off shift at work. 8 hours give or take and my. Upper foot and big toes on top are screaming. Now I realize that some break in is normal and natural even for custom made and fit boots. But is this normal ?

The last pair of engineer boots I had was 20 years ago and I don't recall this happening but it's been a long time. LOL

Just looking for input. I'm already wanting to build another pair. I love these boots. Wesco does beautiful work.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Okay well I received my custom Boss engineer boots from Wesco.

I took out the leather insoles. I'm wearing thick boot socks. The same ones I was measured in for the boots to be made. I have a soft toe box with no reinforcements at all. Just leather.

I just got off shift at work. 8 hours give or take and my. Upper foot and big toes on top are screaming. Now I realize that some break in is normal and natural even for custom made and fit boots. But is this normal ?

The last pair of engineer boots I had was 20 years ago and I don't recall this happening but it's been a long time. LOL

Just looking for input. I'm already wanting to build another pair. I love these boots. Wesco does beautiful work.
Lost Ronin,
Whenever I get a new pair of engineer boots I usually try to wear them for about 2-3 hours at a time until my feet get used to them and the leather softens up a bit. Usually this takes about a week.
I'm not surprised that your feet were really sore after pulling an eight hour shift with a new pair of Wescos because they don't have much give when they're new. The good news is that you probably got most, if not all, of the break-in done in one full day. Give your feet a couple days rest and then try them again. Congratulations on the new boots!

Lost Ronin

One of the Regulars
Lost Ronin,
Whenever I get a new pair of engineer boots I usually try to wear them for about 2-3 hours at a time until my feet get used to them and the leather softens up a bit. Usually this takes about a week.
I'm not surprised that your feet were really sore after pulling an eight hour shift with a new pair of Wescos because they don't have much give when they're new. The good news is that you probably got most, if not all, of the break-in done in one full day. Give your feet a couple days rest and then try them again. Congratulations on the new boots!

Thanks. I'll wait until Sunday and then give them a try again for a short time.

They are incredibly stiff.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
@Lost Ronin guessing you went with the MP Toe? I had the exact same issue and had to have the toe box stretched out after finally giving up a few months after receiving them. You could try the hot water soak/wear till dry method, but it didn't work well enough for me. Good luck sir, and post up some pics of them when you have a sec;)

Lost Ronin

One of the Regulars
@Lost Ronin guessing you went with the MP Toe? I had the exact same issue and had to have the toe box stretched out after finally giving up a few months after receiving them. You could try the hot water soak/wear till dry method, but it didn't work well enough for me. Good luck sir, and post up some pics of them when you have a sec;)

Hello. No I didn't go with the MP toe. I wanted to but in the end I went with the Boss toe. Soft toe.

The man who worked there called me once they got my measurements. I'm a 10.5 EEE wide width. He strongly reccommended against true MP toe with my foot shape. I took his advice and got the Boss toe.

I did the 50/50 alcohol and water thing and then stuffed a couple of rolled up rags into the toe box last night.

Today I wore my old best up cheap boots that feel like slippers LOL my feet needed it.
Tomorrow I'll wear the Wesco boots for a bit.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Hello. No I didn't go with the MP toe. I wanted to but in the end I went with the Boss toe. Soft toe.

The man who worked there called me once they got my measurements. I'm a 10.5 EEE wide width. He strongly reccommended against true MP toe with my foot shape. I took his advice and got the Boss toe.

I did the 50/50 alcohol and water thing and then stuffed a couple of rolled up rags into the toe box last night.

Today I wore my old best up cheap boots that feel like slippers LOL my feet needed it.
Tomorrow I'll wear the Wesco boots for a bit.

Yeah the MP toe last is boloney for fit IMO. Look is cool but comfort and wearability is something else. I've got a pair of Packers coming my way on the 9109 "bubble toe" last and once I get the sizing right plan to order some engineers in em as well. Wesco make superb boots for the money.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah the MP toe last is boloney for fit IMO. Look is cool but comfort and wearability is something else. I've got a pair of Packers coming my way on the 9109 "bubble toe" last and once I get the sizing right plan to order some engineers in em as well. Wesco make superb boots for the money.
I've got a pair of the Wesco 7400 vintage style with the MP toe and they fit great. I did order one size wider than I normally wear (E instead of D) and that did the trick. I definitely agree that you get what you pay for with Wesco.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I've got a pair of the Wesco 7400 vintage style with the MP toe and they fit great. I did order one size wider than I normally wear (E instead of D) and that did the trick. I definitely agree that you get what you pay for with Wesco.

Don't get me wrong; I love the last. But after two pairs I have come to accept that I need about 1/4-1/2" more height in the toe box. The engineer build I want is the 7400 on the 9109 last. Basically look like 50s rather than 40s engineers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points