Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Lost Ronin

I am going to slip some of these inserts into my new Fry Engineer boots:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017Z0LDHQ?th=1

Who knows maybe I'll get 25 years out of them like I have with these old friends (Frye Ropers):

IMG_3036.JPG

Allwood

New in Town
Do you get hit with customs fees taxes or other charges when you buy from Japan?
Sorry Jonesy I've been away from this thread for a couple of days......the answer is yes, I'm in England so I get import VAT (20%) and a handling charge (which I believe is not real and is a made up thing:D) but in some instances its the only way you can get some Japanese only items. I use Rakuten ichiba which in some instances do ship to the UK and if not I use Japan Auction Agency as I do when buying from yahoo aleado.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Its ironic how many of these now very fashionable and expensive American work clothing brands are not made in the USA, and how the best that are made here are shipped off to Japan. Also how the reproduction American clothing are also made elsewhere.

Lost Ronin

One of the Regulars
These are my Wesco boss boots. Built on the the old style 9109 "Bump Toe" Last

I did re-ink the soles earlier. This is them after Hurricane cleanup and being muddy and wet for days. Gave them a good cleaning and some Lexol conditioner and then Wesco sealer for moisture. I wear them every day unless I'm training then it's sneakers of course.

IMG_20170923_154527.jpg
IMG_20170923_154549.jpg
IMG_20170923_154527.jpg
IMG_20170923_154549.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170923_154633.jpg
    IMG_20170923_154633.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 126

Lost Ronin

One of the Regulars
Those work boots look like they have done some hard work. Wesco's are tough.
They're just over a month old. They were indeed put through the ringer. I was the only one with dry feet at the end of the day. Such a mess but we got lucky here compared to so many others.

Lost Ronin

One of the Regulars
Its ironic how many of these now very fashionable and expensive American work clothing brands are not made in the USA, and how the best that are made here are shipped off to Japan. Also how the reproduction American clothing are also made elsewhere.

It's honestly quite sad in many ways. At least to me in my mind it is.

Lost Ronin

One of the Regulars
Superb actually, nothing feels tight or too loose, they've just slid right on like a pair of socks. :)

Sounds amazing! My Wesco boots were made to measure but were still quite snug when new. Now after a month or so they feel like big heavy slippers.

The bottoms of my feet sometimes hurt at the end of the day, but I think that's from my being overweight and not the boots themselves.

Is that the olive or brown Roll Club does?

Reactions: Dav

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points