Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ettiquete: Men and Bridal Showers.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I am going to make the wild assumption that two weddings = two vastly different locations .....and that someone at location two..wants to see a wedding..and not just a reception...but that they cannot travel to location 1 for -real- wedding

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Paisley said:
Strictly speaking, you shouldn't back out of something at the last minute unless you're in the emergency room. Guests backing out at the last minute--or just not showing up--is one reason some of us rarely entertain.

Normally I'd agree about giving a last-minute "can't make it" except for the fact this was a last-minute invitation - acceptance of the initial invitation and then backing out took place in under 24 hours...and further, he wasn't sent an invitation with the others apparently earlier in the process. Just my two cents worth... and I completely hear you with people bailing out at the last minute, not RSVP'ing, or RSVP'ing "no" and then showing up with several other hangers-on with no forewarning.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Respectfully, all of this was known when the last-minute invitation was accepted. Suppose several people backed out: the hosts are left with food and drink they might not have bought, besides an underpopulated party that they might well have cancelled.

However, last-minute invitations and asking men to a bridal shower aren't great moments in entertaining history, either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points