Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everyday Bags

Rosie

One Too Many
Lately, I've been carrying this one:

deauville.jpg

Donna Stewart

New in Town
Pink Dahlia said:
Gasp! Where did these come from??
Seconding this request, they're lovely!

I didn't expect to be seeing so many Vuittons in this thread, but I should have guessed, great minds think alike. Here's my Luco tote:
vuittonlucomp5.jpg

I also own a small black leather Picard purse for the days that the laptop stays at home. And a few too many less everyday-ones, but don't get me started on those, it'll take all night!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
This is my everyday bag and I LOVE it! It's lighter than leather and has a light interior, so I can find things easily. It's big enough to fit everything and has a zipper so everything doesn't do flying out if it gets knocked over.

Those seatbelts are quite durable to boot!

2005221220461094488_rs.jpg

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Adelaidey said:
My everyday is a black leather clasped clutch from the 50s that I found in a vintage/alt shop downtown for $7... alas, the spring has broken, but I still love it so and just hold or wedge it closed... I really should look for a new one.

If it's still in good shape and you love it, it might be worth it to see if your local shoe repair shop can fix it. Many shoe repair shops also work on bags, so it might be worth a try. Wouldn't cost anything to ask..

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
I use a bag that my boyfriend bought off of pinupgirlclothing and it has a cute cherry fabric and bamboo handles... But when i start throwing everything in there it starts to get heavy the bamboo starts to kill my shoulders.

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
Miss Dottie & Miss Bella, one of my small tote purses is a black Harveys seatbelt, too. Very fun. Dahlia, I'm sure they have them in pink as well. I think I've seen them at Nordstroms, too if you like to check them out in person.

Yesterday, I got to thinking about my ugly wheeled computer tote and found this franklin covey case (wheeled) on ebay and did a BIN:

coveycase.jpg

Amelie

A-List Customer
That's what I use most of the time during summer. I also have the same one in a smaller size, with red accents instead of brown, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in my appartment :rage:
sacamainetekh5.jpg

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
Joie DeVive said:
If it's still in good shape and you love it, it might be worth it to see if your local shoe repair shop can fix it. Many shoe repair shops also work on bags, so it might be worth a try. Wouldn't cost anything to ask..

Ooh, thanks for the tip Joie... I never would've thought of a shoe repair shop. Definitely will try there! Thanks!!

Sunny

One Too Many
doghouse said:
Good grief. I really must be the only person here that won't spend 100$ plus on a purse!

(no offense to those that do!)

Hehe... well, there's at least two. ;)

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
Make that three. I did spend $80 for my WAC repro bag, but since it seems to be well-nigh-indestructable, I figure I can amortize that over the years of use I expect to get from it, and it comes out a bargain.

Well sort of Four.....

I do not usually spend over $100 for a purse. Or rather, I don't spend over $20 for a purse. Unless its a fab Coach. I am a sucker for Coach. And even then I only have one regular size purse and tons of wristlets. And even then they were bought at the outlet mall........ on clearance.

I don't spend way too much especially since I usually find cute vintage at thrift stores for next to nothing. For a while there I was gearing up to buy a Coach purse. Graduated college, first formal professional job, wanted to make a good impression, hubby said my first phat check was for me to blow spoiling myself........ and it took 3 months to buy it cuz I kept talking myself out of it. Annnnnd in the mean time I kept finding other purses for cheap.

I also have one more rule. I don't buy fake. I hate knock offs. If it is Coach its real. Otherwise its a great no-name. But I don't go around rockin the LV knockoffs.

Elaina

One Too Many
I'll buy the $100 a pop purses, but then I'll carry them for forever and a day.

That said, my mom bought a ton of purses off my sister (everything from Wal-Mart brands to Coach) and gave me about 20 of them. So I'm set on leather types for a while.

I also got in the mail today from a friend of mine overseas a tote made from tarot cards coated in plastic and sewn together (incorporates all the major arcana) with a bag for my cards. (Sort of like the Kool-Aid totes that were poplar). It's ugly, but it's also pretty neat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points