Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Experiences with Walker Slater?

Zachary

One of the Regulars
Good evening Gentlemen,

By recommendation of a friend, I became aware of the Edinburgh, Scotland-based firm Walker Slater. They mainly produce tweed suits.

Does anyone of you know this firm? Is it recommendable? What are your buying / wearing experiences with Walker Slater?

Thank you in advance!

Have a good week,
Zachary

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
Good evening Gentlemen,

By recommendation of a friend, I became aware of the Edinburgh, Scotland-based firm Walker Slater. They mainly produce tweed suits.

Does anyone of you know this firm? Is it recommendable? What are your buying / wearing experiences with Walker Slater?

Thank you in advance!

Have a good week,
Zachary

I actually popped into one of their shops in Covent Garden when I was in London last week. I was favorably impressed by their wares. The tweeds are great - really colorful interesting patterns. They had some pretty, slubby linen-silk blends on offer as well, a sort of summer tweed. Most of their suits were available in three pieces, and the cut was "vintage-friendly". They were modern cuts, but, go a couple waist-sizes up to get a high rise on the trews, and you're good to go!

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
I was at their Covent Garden store last November. Very friendly people. Tweed suits appear to be of good material but I ended up buying something other than suits/clothing. Got a waxed canvas bag as a gym bag. Quality is superb.

Edward

Bartender
High quality, but not vintage cuts. Don't think I would be willing to spend the money myself because of the cut, but the quality is certainly there.

GWD

One Too Many
I have one of their suits, very nice modern cut suit. Expect to spend more at the tailor to get a more custom fit, sleeve Length, trousers hemmed, and shoulder divots fixed. But all in all a very positive experience and their prices are great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider