Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eyebrows?

Stephannika

New in Town
I'm aiming for an authentic 1940s look but I seem to be having a never ending struggle with my eyebrows... . My mom keeps telling me they're too thin and I should grow them out but I'm not sure. What do you think? What can I do to improve my look?
AirBrush_20161001150726.jpg

Caledonia

Practically Family
I'm aiming for an authentic 1940s look but I seem to be having a never ending struggle with my eyebrows... . My mom keeps telling me they're too thin and I should grow them out but I'm not sure. What do you think? What can I do to improve my look?
View attachment 57576
I think your eyebrows are pretty much spot on. They sit in the crossover period from the overly plucked eyebrow of the earlier period in the 20s and 30s. You could very sparingly bring in a thicker line closer to the nose depending on where in the 40s you're wanting to pitch your look, but we're talking a few additional hairs here. I think you've got it. But definitely don't go thinner, then you definitely put yourself in the early 30s vibe. At that point they had essentially pencil thin lines. Also, you need to consider your own face. It doesn't matter what era you're going for, you would still work the fashion to suit your face if you were actually there and then. Your face shape suits the arch you've achieved so don't change that, and the thickness just needs a few hairs along the bottom line adding to the nose to about a third of the way along the brow - blend them in to the arch. Without adjustment, you can rock those eyebrows late 30s to early 50s.

Melissa Mixon

New in Town
You have good eyebrows. Still if you want them a bit thicker, try home remedies. Apply milk over it before you go to sleep. This will definitely help.

RinatHylat

New in Town
Your eyebrows look very good, I love them so much. Very aristocratic and suit your image. If I were you, I wouldn't do anything to them otherwise, I'd leave them like that. Don't do microblading. One of my friend's eyebrows looked like yours, and she decided to get microblading. I can say that it was a very big mistake. Her eyebrows after the procedure looked just awful; she began to look for what to do and how to remove microblading at home. She stumbled upon the HOW TO REMOVE MICROBLADING EYEBROWS website and decided to follow the instructions. Her eyebrows now look much better, but normal eyebrows are still very far away. So don't do anything to your brows, babe.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ