• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Eyebrows?

Discussion in 'Beauty' started by Stephannika, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Stephannika

Stephannika New in Town

I'm aiming for an authentic 1940s look but I seem to be having a never ending struggle with my eyebrows... . My mom keeps telling me they're too thin and I should grow them out but I'm not sure. What do you think? What can I do to improve my look?
    AirBrush_20161001150726.jpg

2. Caledonia

Caledonia Practically Family

I think your eyebrows are pretty much spot on. They sit in the crossover period from the overly plucked eyebrow of the earlier period in the 20s and 30s. You could very sparingly bring in a thicker line closer to the nose depending on where in the 40s you're wanting to pitch your look, but we're talking a few additional hairs here. I think you've got it. But definitely don't go thinner, then you definitely put yourself in the early 30s vibe. At that point they had essentially pencil thin lines. Also, you need to consider your own face. It doesn't matter what era you're going for, you would still work the fashion to suit your face if you were actually there and then. Your face shape suits the arch you've achieved so don't change that, and the thickness just needs a few hairs along the bottom line adding to the nose to about a third of the way along the brow - blend them in to the arch. Without adjustment, you can rock those eyebrows late 30s to early 50s.

Stephannika and Bixie Bliss like this.
  3. Linda Nexus

Linda Nexus New in Town

Perhaps you can try DIY eyebrow growth serums. There are many and Google would be handy to know about such serums.

Stephannika likes this.
  4. Melissa Mixon

Melissa Mixon New in Town

You have good eyebrows. Still if you want them a bit thicker, try home remedies. Apply milk over it before you go to sleep. This will definitely help.

Stephannika likes this.