Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake Melons

cemetarian

Vendor
Thank you Big Man...it was fun to do......both the living and the slide show........

Gold Leaf..........and all you other "less endowed" ladies..........PLEASE take it from the old crone (think I'll change my avatar)............DO NOT wrap yourself up in self esteem issue by the size of your breast........the size of your brain is much more important. Both diminish over time.............but your brain will help feed you in the end and your boobs won't.

~~~~~Will ya still need me, will ya still feed me, when I'm 64?~~~~~

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
This made me think of a woman I saw at the bus stop several months ago. She was around 55 or 60, wearing a miniskirt and a sweater that stretched over a figure that was sitting there like the Rocky Mountains. Looking back on this reminds me that dignity is an underrated quality in women.

cemetarian

Vendor
Paisley said:
This made me think of a woman I saw at the bus stop several months ago. She was around 55 or 60, wearing a miniskirt and a sweater that stretched over a figure that was sitting there like the Rocky Mountains. Looking back on this reminds me that dignity is an underrated quality in women.

It's only underrated by shallow people...........of both genders...........Kate Hepburn had dignity until the end and she was always seen as beautiful...........even with the shakes.........she still had dignity and a beauty that couldn't be diminished.

And please ya'll, call me Rita.............

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
GoldLeaf said:
My experience growing up was much like Fleur's. I am 6' tall, and I was a 34-36 A and weighed between 130 and 150, so pretty thin. Clothes fit terribly. And I do mean terribly. There would be these hollow, crumpled pockets of fabric in blouses and dresses. Shirts often looked empty and misshapen on me.

People made comments, and I felt so terribly out of proportion. Of all the body frames to be able to hand a little something, a tall girl is it. Finally, at about 22, I grew to a small B. The past few years I have gained some weight, and have gone to a full B. Clothes actually started to fit and didn't look like a little girl playing dress up in her mommy's clothes. However, on myself, I still think they look unnaturally small.

And for self esteem, I like myself, quite a bit, and am happy with who I am and my appearance. I walk tall and proud. But some days, when a garment hangs like an empty potato sack in the bust area, I still suffer from some doubt :)

GoldLeafe, I am 6'' tall too and when I was younger, I was always very thin. But I never felt that my clothes did not fit because of my flat chest (I am an A). I have gained some weight the last years and the strange thing is I still have an A cup. But I have never had problems with it. What is very sad is that these all-in-ones all start with a B cup :(

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Cemetarian said:
Gold Leaf..........and all you other "less endowed" ladies..........PLEASE take it from the old crone (think I'll change my avatar)............DO NOT wrap yourself up in self esteem issue by the size of your breast........the size of your brain is much more important. Both diminish over time.............but your brain will help feed you in the end and your boobs won't.

GoldLeaf said:
And for self esteem, I like myself, quite a bit, and am happy with who I am and my appearance. I walk tall and proud. But some days, when a garment hangs like an empty potato sack in the bust area, I still suffer from some doubt :)

Please note that I said that I am quite happy with myself. If I had tooted my own horn much more, I was concerned about how that would appear. I most certainly don't define my self-confidence by the size of my bust. I am intelligent, funny, confidant, independent, compassionate, passionate, strong, beautiful, proud, etc. I have a body that most women would be thrilled to have. I know that.

And I most certainly don't use my bust to feed myself, or to gain an advantage, nor would I ever dream of doing such a thing! What a disgusting thought! One of the things I like most about myself is my intelligence, note it was first on the list. My looks are not something I place much stock in. I didn't get a choice about my face, but I do get a choice about the person I am, and that is much more important to me.

However, I, like many people, hated myself and thought I was worthless and ugly when I was younger. I felt that way into my early 20's. I have lived through my own version of hell, struggled with body image, suicide and deep, dark depression. I have worked long and hard to overcome those things, and I feel that I am a pretty remarkable person. I am very proud of who I am, the atrocities I have overcome, and the life I have created for myself.

But, like I said, some days I still suffer from some self doubt. And I think that is ok. No one is completely self confidant every day; everyone looks at themselves with a critical eye. That doesn't mean that they define their esteem by the thing they are criticizing.

So, yes, once in a while, an ill fitting garment makes me feel a bit bad. And yes, once in a while, I look in the mirror and day dream about what I could look like. Then I get dressed, remind myself of how amazing it is that I am alive, successful and happy. It helps me put my bust in perspective, and I walk into the world with my head high, and proud that I made it.

::edited for typo and a missing word::

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
LadyDeWinter - I am glad that you didn't feel that way. Perhaps the clothes are also cut to reflect our culture's preference for larger busted women? I wonder if it is a difference between our countries? Or, perhaps, it was just that I was very self conscious, and saw things that weren't there. Always a possibility :)

Thank goodness for age and wisdom, it helps put things in perspective :) And for a loving, stable marriage. No need to impress the other boys anymore, the only man whose opinion I care about already thinks I am stunning, and tells me so every day. :D

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
slightly OT (BUT NOT CADDISH)

Paisley said:
Have you thought of weight training? It'll help lift and firm everything, and it's good for your bones and your strength as well. I've been lifting weights for years--PM me if you're interested.
Apropos of weight training and such: Has anyone heard of a muscular, highly fit woman being called a "julie"? It's apparently a new slang term along the lines of "hardbody." (Makes you wonder who the Julie was who inspired it.)

SarahLouise

Practically Family
GoldLeaf said:
LadyDeWinter - I am glad that you didn't feel that way. Perhaps the clothes are also cut to reflect our culture's preference for larger busted women? I wonder if it is a difference between our countries? Or, perhaps, it was just that I was very self conscious, and saw things that weren't there. Always a possibility :)

I actually think the opposite, that clothes (mainly modern) are designed for people with smaller busts. I always have a problem with shirts and some dresses because they are not cut large enough. If I go up a size it might fit my bust but then it's too big everywhere else!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
cemetarian said:
DO NOT wrap yourself up in self esteem issue by the size of your breast.

ITA. I think women allow their youth, their beauty, their bust size, their men, their ovairies, their whatevers, to take credit for their feminine appeal. You can't give anything but yourself credit for your femininity, because everything is fleeting, can be gone in an instant. Last year I decided I was becoming too "attached" to my long hair (it was almost to my elbows) & used craft scissors to chop it off nearly to my chin. I hate having short hair & wish I hadn't done it, but I survived, and don't feel any less womanly or attractive because of it.

cemetarian

Vendor
Amen, sister!...........my hair goes from long to short to long to short..........if you catch the slide show you'll see me every two years one or the other.......if it's long I want it short, if it's short I want it long.............LOL.........in my case I'm just impossible to please......but back to the bust issue..

I didn't mean to sound patronizing.............it's probably a generational gap thing........my generation was literally raised to please men, find a husband, raise a family and die of old age in the homes of our grandchildren........LOL

It took us a lot of work and awareness training to get past that original concept......and a lot of bra burning............LOL

I actually had a young woman ask me a few years ago what all the "bra burning" was about...........and in all seriousness she asked "Why did you want to burn a good bra?"...............the symbolism was completely lost on her...........and I find that same thing dealing with some young people today..........they really don't understand how far we have come and how easy it would be to backslide into the old ways.........

Now before anyone jumps down my throat.......I am a firm believer in choice. If a woman's choice is to devote herself to home and family then that is what she should do.......but if that is NOT her choice it should NOT be forced upon her......the same thing holds true for large or small breasts...........whatever trips your trigger.............NOT what trips the trigger of the man in your life.......(and I realize that some may see that patronizing and I don't mean it that way...it's just a generalization and simply my opinion)...........

OK off my little soap box for the day. And again I'm sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes...........allow an old lady some leeway..........LOL.........

ldmax

Familiar Face
Wow, GoldLeaf, you sound like you really have your priorities straight. The point I have been fumbling to get across, you eloquently hit on the nail. More women (and men) should live their lives like you. Thank you for your honesty, integrity, and insight.

LD

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Cemetarian: I just looked at your slide show, and I have to confess, I got quite misty, quite misty indeed. My girlfriend had a lumpectomy just a year ago. She's doing great, she caught it very early and has had no problems since. She'll be having herceptin every three week for another ten months or so. But it's still a terrific emotional roller coaster. You're a real inspiration.
I think this thread is another wonderful example of what a cool place the Lounge is.

Doh!

One Too Many
Can't stand 'em.

Pam Anderson and Posh Spice are prime examples of The Worst of the Worst. Both were quite attractive before they started getting cut on. There's nothing wrong with a slim build; see Natalie Portman or Alyson Hannigan.

Don't like nosejobs, either -- at least the ones that ruin the faces of actresses like Jennifer Grey. She now looks like a generic department store manikin.

Hate collagen injections, too...

nattily_attired

New in Town
Doh! said:
Can't stand 'em.

Pam Anderson and Posh Spice are prime examples of The Worst of the Worst. Both were quite attractive before they started getting cut on. There's nothing wrong with a slim build; see Natalie Portman or Alyson Hannigan.

Don't like nosejobs, either -- at least the ones that ruin the faces of actresses like Jennifer Grey. She now looks like a generic department store manikin.

Hate collagen injections, too...

Don't sugar coat it Doh! How do you really feel? Natty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto