Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

Last Saturday was the Alabama & Auburn football game, a pretty big deal down here, if you haven't heard. The kid wanted me to cook chili, or Frito chili pie as she refers to it because of the massive amounts of chips and cheese she adds to it. She invited a couple of her special needs friends over for the game. Difficult to tell who they pull for. Even the dog gets in on the act.
CIMG2465.JPG
CIMG2463.JPG

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is wonderful how the little one on your left wants to hold on so tightly. They are so much fun at that age. Great picture.
:D

The one holding on so tight is my 7 year old granddaughter. I have taken care of her since she was born. We have a very special relationship. It was fortunate that she was born the same year that I retired. That allowed me to spend time with her that, unfortunately, I was not able to with the older grandchildren.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
⇧ She does look grown up (or, at least, older). It's fun to see her over the years - thank you for posting. Also, some kids change a lot year to year, she always looks like Lily, just older (and that's a good thing).

She has her own style, doesn't she? For a few years she has been telling me that she wants to be a fashion designer. This year she asked Santa for a sewing machine so she can make her own outfits. Guess what she is getting...... :D A basic machine, good colored pencils and a nice sketch pad for future clothing collections. Hubby got her a sewing box (with all the things like pins, needles, scissors, etc.), and I got her a stash of fabric. So different from last year's request for My Little Pony things!

The one holding on so tight is my 7 year old granddaughter. I have taken care of her since she was born. We have a very special relationship. It was fortunate that she was born the same year that I retired. That allowed me to spend time with her that, unfortunately, I was not able to with the older grandchildren.
You two are fortunate. :D

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
My first "selfie". ;)

dxk190.jpg

Ma always told me that I looked like I was blowing bubbles.
So for her birthday today, I made it possible. I know you're watching me.
Hope you like the photo.
I miss & think about you all the time.
Say hi to daddy.
Love,
Joey.

P.S. In way I was getting "prep" for Catholic school.
Those nuns preferred Lifebouy.
I was partial to Palmolive.
More lemony flavor.

2hqwf9w.jpg

Last edited:
My daughter...she's 16 this year. We're getting her driver's license tomorrow! This is her natural hair - it dries curly like this. Must have gotten it from her dad because it takes a LOT of work for mine to look this way!

molly1_zpsnb7yfl9s.jpg

Easy to see the family resemblance. You guys both have a great smile. You must be ridiculously proud of her. Good luck on her test tomorrow.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Easy to see the family resemblance. You guys both have a great smile. You must be ridiculously proud of her. Good luck on her test tomorrow.
Thank you! She got her license yesterday and today was the first day of driving by herself. She did fantastic. I was a nervous mom waiting at home for her, though. Got so excited when she pulled into the driveway!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana