Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Annual trip to the local tulip fields today.

20170415_120710-1_zpshmft4rbl.jpg

She sure looks like it. My kind of woman.
Didn't she work in fashion?

She was a beautiful woman when she was younger. But the 2000 picture blows my mind.
An example of how a woman should age.

Rare to see.

She was in fashion - a buyer and later a merchandise manager for Ohrbach's in NY. She had a glamorous career of overseas travel in the 1950s and 1960s, which became more complicated and less glamorous in the 1970s as the Brenninkmeijer company took control of Ohrbach's and changed it to a discount retailer. My Dad took the first photo and made many paintings of her in the early years of their marriage. I took the second photo a year or two before she died of complications from a lifetime of smoking. She never lost her poise and elegance.

mominrome.jpg

EstherWeis

Vendor
She was in fashion - a buyer and later a merchandise manager for Ohrbach's in NY. She had a glamorous career of overseas travel in the 1950s and 1960s, which became more complicated and less glamorous in the 1970s as the Brenninkmeijer company took control of Ohrbach's and changed it to a discount retailer. My Dad took the first photo and made many paintings of her in the early years of their marriage. I took the second photo a year or two before she died of complications from a lifetime of smoking. She never lost her poise and elegance.

View attachment 74516

Sounds like a woman I would have gotten along great with. She was absolutely stunning. And again, what a glamorous picture!

You must have inherited her eye for beautiful things. Your hats set the standard and are an inspiration for me at many occasions.

Since it's Mother's Day in the rest of the world.

( we in Antwerp celebrate it on the 15th of August. )
But I never let the chance go by to thank my mother. So, thank you Mama!

She is the most amazing woman and this is my favorite picture of all times.
617193b9dae91290128183e1a63d2021.jpg

A happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there!

EstherWeis

Vendor
And since we are on old pictures and mother figures. I was very fortunate to have my grandmother with me until 3 years ago.

Also one of my favorites. My grandmother on the right.
She got the sewing into me from an early age and I have an old work hours paper from that very location ( this was taken at the tailors she worked at) framed in my atelier.
Unfortunately she never got to see the place, but I'm sure she's smiling somewhere. And then telling me to get on with it. :)

610439abc40816a299036dfbfc8169d1.jpg

33ce0b9bb70a1ceffc2dc224601e7ba1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk