Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Well, I wouldn't have guessed this in a million years, if you put Keenan Wynn, Steve McQueen and Lee Marvin in a certain famous search engine, a picture of me comes up! We did have a couple of mutual friends, but still, me. Now I won't be able to get any of my motorcycle helmets on! :rolleyes:

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
tnd-omega-6-21-97_12.jpg

devilish

A-List Customer
IMG_2084.JPG
Paul Simonon in an A-2 repro. Always a style icon for me but I think this might be the first image I've seen of him in what was presumably a brown leather jacket? The same documentary had Topper playing drums in an Irvin. Now that's a way to work up a sweat!

Hal

Practically Family
Doctor D. - the coat on the right looks more like a leather trench-coat than a flight jacket - splendid nonetheless!

D

Deleted member 16736

William Holden, my fashion idol, wearing an A-2 jacket in "Picnic." He actually wears this jacket through half of the movie — when he isn't shirtless. This is the best picture I could find. If someone has a better picture and can identify the contract, that would be great.
images.duckduckgo-1.jpg

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Pistol Packin Mamas

11rsoec.jpg

Wasp (from left) Frances Green, Margret Kirchner, Ann Waldner and Blanche Osburn leave their B-17
called
"Pistol Packin Mama " during ferry training at Lockbourne Army Air Force
base in Ohio.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points