Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Uniforms

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Bloody Spain

Speaking of Spain, here are some pilots, including Frank G. Tinker, the leading American ace flying for the Republicans!
Spain.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I am surprised that no Reenactor has not done this impression yet! Major Alexander Paul Davidson 1918, Royal Flying Corp, with his Highlander Mackenzie tartan flying breeches, blue putties and Glengarry. Quite striking!
RFC_zps9d52e77b.jpg

The old Air Force uniforms:

380th Munitions Maintenance Squadron, 380th Bomb Wing, Plattsburgh AFB, New York
DSCF0059-2.jpg

18th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, 18th Tactical Fighter Wing, Kadena AB, Okinawa circa 1981
DSCF0118-1.jpg

Last edited:

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
Neat old USAF shirts. The first one is from the early to mid 70's from the look of the shirt and buttons (duh just saw the 1975 patch), a missile maintenance guy. The second is a Transit Alert uniform, they serviced aircraft from visiting bases....nice to see them...

Neat old USAF shirts. The first one is from the early to mid 70's from the look of the shirt and buttons (duh just saw the 1975 patch), a missile maintenance guy. The second is a Transit Alert uniform, they serviced aircraft from visiting bases....nice to see them...

Here's another one. An ex-Maintainer turned Chaplain's Assistant, 363rd Air Expeditionary Wing, Prince Sultan AB, Saudi Arabia circa 1998

DSCF0754-1.jpg

Sprinkles

One of the Regulars
I would have to say my favorite uniforms are US Army "pinks and greens" from WW2 and Soviet Army WW2. Both were simple and relatively (compared to today) modest but still looked great! The jaunty crusher caps of the American uniforms were classic and the Soviet visor caps (furazhka) were also great! I like the more reserved "teller" shape as compared to the enormous peaks.

Canadian

One of the Regulars
My grandfather passed away years ago. In virtually every picture of him, he's either wearing an infantry patrol uniform (there is even a painting of him in my aunt's house of him wearing a cape and dress uniform. He was a reservist, and a Lieutenant Colonel of infantry.

Strangely enough, on the program to his funeral, Grandma selected a picture of him in a casual shirt and a "Home Depot" ballcap. I suppose one has to remember that he was something other than a war hero and a good soldier.

My favorite uniform will always be as in his portrait, where he wears a cape, forage cap with the egg on it, and a full, black dress uniform with all his medals.

Grandma has a picture of him in his WWII uniform. He had been a boy soldier, but his CO told him he was too young to go overseas with the regiment. So he joined the navy and off he went. You see, to be a Canadian soldier overseas you had to be 18, but the naval enlisted age was 17.

Tom

DavidJones

One of the Regulars
I would have to say my favorite uniform would also be WWII Russian. Second favorite would be British Airtex WWII tropical Uniform in Khaki

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

My dad was a USAAC and USAAF Master Sergeant during WW2 in the South Pacific. His favorite uniform back then was khaki shorts (cuttoffs), a while USMC T-shirt (because the Army ones were brown) and a pressed cardboard pith helmet (again USMC because couldn't get an issue USAAF one, but could trade beer to the USMC).

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ