Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Uniforms

Luftwaffles

One of the Regulars
I've personally been a fan of the old German Uhlan uniforms of the late 1800s.
yy2201.jpg
When I saw that, I immediately thought "Star Wars Imperial officer uniform.":D

Nigel Caffiene

New in Town
Hello all,

First post, and well, I wish I had known about this great site ages ago!

I have always thought the uniform that Richard Johnson's character Colonel J. D. H. Stewart in the 1966 film Khartoum was rather sharp with the chainmail epaulettes.

Cheers.

Last edited:

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I’m very fond of a Civil War frock coat worn with gauntlets and a forage cap - particularly in Federal blue. Also U.S. Cavalry uniforms of the Punitive Expedition era (really anything with khaki breaches and an M1911 campaign hat). My grandfather was married in pinks-and-greens and a crusher cap, so that’s a perennial favorite. I also like the early–war khaki uniform worn with the M1917 helmet as in the Philippines.

I shouldn’t be too U.S.-centric though. I also like the aforementioned British P1902 red-coat uniform when worn with their pith helmet, the Lebel-era French Foreign Legion getup, and any police uniform that involves double-breasted brass buttons and an eight-point cap.

Borsig

New in Town
563238_409476532410674_1584348338_n.jpg

Panzer black of course. Division Grssdeutchland, armored aufklarung. And yes, I am in fact wearing a tie.

If Im going to die in a steel coffin, mein gott Im goign to be well dressed when I do.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko