Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Uniforms

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Also no kidding lol lol

Romajanuar2009036.jpg

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
V.C. Brunswick said:
On the subject of who designed what uniforms, the Air Force Academy uniform was designed by the Western Costume Company in Los Angeles, suppliers to the film industry since the silent era.

Hi, They look good, and I'm sure that they're well made, BUT having the USAF buy uniforms from a "costume company" somehow cheapens things.

Per the Italians above, if you don't' get a Lamborghini, you get a golf cart. Boy that's a let down.

Later

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
200mph Ticket

Lone_Ranger said:
It's hard to take someone seriously that is wearing a white patent leather gunbelt. ;)
Something tells me your not going to notice the gun belt after being pulled over by a Lamborghini Gallardo! Now if you could just get a ticket for doing 200mph at the time, you would have bragging rights for the rest of you life!

WW2WaltUSMC

New in Town
Of course I am going with my USMC Dress Blues. Either my WWII ones or my moderns. The moderns have enchanted the natives of three continents so yea. But I remember at Williamsport last year, there was an Italian Officer who had a spectacular black silk braid on black velvet Italian mess dress complete with a monocle and skinny black trousers. Sharp, understated yet elegant. USMC Officers Mess Dress is really sharp too, especially with the cover worn and boat cloak in inclement weather!

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
Stearmen said:
Something tells me your not going to notice the gun belt after being pulled over by a Lamborghini Gallardo! Now if you could just get a ticket for doing 200mph at the time, you would have bragging rights for the rest of you life!

Good Point! :D

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
The US Army's inter-war bloused khaki uniform, worn only in tropical zones, is pretty sharp.
Unlike the WW2-and-later era tropical blouse, it was worn with a belt.
harry1927.jpg

Pvt. Harry Kershaw, Signal Corps, Schofield Barracks, Territory of Hawaii, 1927.
Like many enlistees between the wars, Harry was foreign born, from Manchester, England.
He later was commissioned and served in both WW2 and Korea, retiring in 1953.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Fletch said:
The US Army's inter-war bloused khaki uniform, worn only in tropical zones, is pretty sharp.
Unlike the WW2-and-later era tropical blouse, it was worn with a belt.
harry1927.jpg

Pvt. Harry Kershaw, Signal Corps, Schofield Barracks, Territory of Hawaii, 1927.
Like many enlistees between the wars, Harry was foreign born, from Manchester, England.
He later was commissioned and served in both WW2 and Korea, retiring in 1953.

Yeah, that was sharp!

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
Chas said:
My favorite uniform....to look at.

4302126256_110e029b44.jpg

Forget about the Roman army, my first choice. Here's my real first choice or in other words, MMMMMMEEEEEEEEE TTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :D I wonder if this came out of a whole series. Hmmm, I need more research. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Canadian

One of the Regulars
I've always liked the Patrol Dress of the Canadian Army. My grandfather (it's now hanging at an aunt's house) used to have a portrait of him wearing the whole kit, including cape. He hung it over the fireplace.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ugarte said:
"Who IS this man!?
Good call.
Mark

Hi Mark

It is especially funny when you know that Werner Klemperer (Klink), John Banner (Schultz), Howard Caine, and Leon Askin (General Burkhalter) were all Jewish. Werner came over to escape the Nazi's in 1935.

Later

Ugarte

A-List Customer
1961MJS said:
Hi Mark

It is especially funny when you know that Werner Klemperer (Klink), John Banner (Schultz), Howard Caine, and Leon Askin (General Burkhalter) were all Jewish. Werner came over to escape the Nazi's in 1935.

Later

In fact it is. Hogan's Heroes is subject to a number of criticisms, but the fact that it involved survivors like Robert Clary poking fun at the ghastly situation seems like a triumph of humanity to me.

Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21