Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite Scents

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Hi Ladies

I was just interested to hear your favourite perfumes.

I stopped wearing it about a year ago as it was making me sneeze and my eyes water constantly. However - a friend dragged me through the department store at the weekend and we were stood in the perfume section from some time and do you know what, I didn't sneeze once!

Maybe it was a passing allergy, or maybe it was just that one type I had been using at the time. Either way, I am thinking of purchasing a small bottle and giving it a whirl, so would love to hear your suggestions!

katiemakeup

Practically Family
My favorite perfume is Opium, unless I can get my hands on a heavier, spicey perfume. Only a little bit goes a long way!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Mine are Thierry Mugler Alien, it's very lightly spicy, but a very unusual scent, I use it for day time in the fall and winter.

Armani Code for serious occasions like meetings or formal events, I think I wore it to my cousine's wedding but I can't quite remember.

For really romantic dates I use Cacharel Amor Amor, it's very floral and feminine, and it really makes you smell like you're in love;)

This summer I also tried Lancome Tropiques, I don't know if they've still got it but it's very nice and summery, I wear it daily in the summer.

Yeah I'm one of those oddballs with a perfume for every occaionlol

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
I was thinking of maybe getting a floral scent as a 'daily wear' perfume. I have been reading good reviews for Jean Paul Gaultier - can anyone back it up?

I think maybe I need a trip back to Debenhams!

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
Favorite Smell

I have to admit, that until about two years ago I never owned a bottle of perfume from a perfume counter... I bought myself a bottle of Benefit's Maybe Baby, and I love it!!
It's light and soft smelling, and a it lasts for a good while.
:)

GOK

One Too Many
Chanel Coco Mademoiselle - it's all I wear.

Actually, I have a bottle of (regular) Chanel Coco that is sitting in my bedroom going to waste if anyone wants it. It's too heavy for me and I'd rather give it to someone than have it go off. PM me if interested.

Godfrey Park

Excuse the intrusion...

~landgirl~ said:
I was thinking of maybe getting a floral scent as a 'daily wear' perfume. I have been reading good reviews for Jean Paul Gaultier - can anyone back it up?

I think maybe I need a trip back to Debenhams!

But I had a girlfriend that wore Jean Paul Gaultier and it was... extremely entrancing! :)

fleur

One of the Regulars
Gok - that is a beautiful perfume I love it although dont have any at the moment.

I do wear everyday Jean Paul Gautier (the original pink one cant remember what it is called) - I love it. Hubby wears the mens one.

I also wear Anna Sui - Sui Dreams.

For special occasions I wear my Quel Ques Fleurs L'Originale - this is a gorgeous floral and as it wears changes scent on me.

I dont like a lot of floral perfumes but this is gorgeous.

My favourite favourit favourite which I cannot justify spending on is Soir de Lune by Sisley

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
My current favorite is Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue. It's actually a knock-off version, but no one has ever been able to tell the difference! The company that sells it would always stop by my boyfriend's work, so every now and then he would come home with a new scent for me to try. The Light Blue is my favrorite so far.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chanel No. 5 smells VERY different once it's on your skin for awhile! On me it just turns into a baby-powder smell, but on my Grandmother it had always smelled heavenly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points