Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Federation IV

Swagman

New in Town
skyvue said:
I'm looking for a new grey hat

Does Akubra sell any Feds with brims that are 63mm all the way around?

You might want to look at the Fedora or the Stylemaster.

rrog has photos of the Stylemaster, which is precreased, in the Akubra Overload thread. He is also seen in a brown Fed IV so you can compare.

There is also the open crowned Fedora.

I recently received the Stylemaster and like that hat. It is available in a dark almost black Gray as well as the lighter Moostone. If the Fedora were available in Moostone I'd probably pick one of those up. Both have 64mm round brims. There is the Squatter from David Morgan with a larger but uniform brim.

http://www.everythingaustralian.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=535

http://www.everythingaustralian.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=534

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Swagman said:
You might want to look at the Fedora or the Stylemaster

Thanks. I have a Fedora in black, and I have two Stylemasters, in navy and moss green, coming sometime this month. I had the impression that the crown of the Fed was a bit higher -- is that true?

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Higher and fuller, yes. It is very hard to find a similar crown on a good quality factory hat today, and even harder with the even brim. Simply put, the Federation is the best of such hats.

I would suggest e-mailing Ron at Hats Direct. Perhaps he could do the brim trimming for you at a modest fee. It would mean no returns, but since you know Akubras and their sizing, your risk is minimal. I don't know for sure if they'd do it, but I have heard of them doing other minor tweaks before shipping.

DanO

One of the Regulars
I got it bad I tell ya! Been lusting after a Fed lV for awhile finally got a Tawny Fawn one from Mendelboaz, Thank You, and darn you for feeding my addiction (JK). Just got it the other day and already I am looking on ebay and here for a Fed lV Deluxe in Moonstone. Please if you are reading this do not be an enabler and tell me you have one in a 59 or 60 that you would be willing to part with. I am begging you save me from myself!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Since we expect plenty of rain today, I brought my Carbon Gray Fed along:

Carbon_Fed_01.jpg

It looks a lot lighter in the pic, thanks, I suppose, to the fluorescents in my office.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko