Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Theme Song

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I'm down to record something.
I'm not a very traditional guitar player, but my hands work decent enough on a fretboard.

In fact, I've been eager to hear other loungers' chops for some time
You were one of the first cats I thought of ... you will definitely be on this track

We just need to gather a core of players .... decide on a style ... and I will lay down the drum track and send it off to whoever plays bass on it .... hopefully Roger ... with enough length to let a few of you guys stretch out for like 12 or 16 bars each

I'd love to get a little vocal on it as well and have it be loosely and creatively hat related

I'd also love to have everyone film themselves playing a bit so I can edit a vid together for the song

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Yes. Actually it's a full sized bass...badum psssssssch
That's what I loved about playing in bands. The inside jokes, the guys always on the ready to drop a rimshot or funny melody....

i-BVzC6nP.jpg

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
I'm thinking the Blues is one thing that cats of all styles have in common...Might be easy to put together...

Doesn't matter which groove is decided on....If we had a list of players and the types of music they generally like to play....That might make organizing it easier...

I play trumpet...and Be-bop, Hard-Bop, Post-bop or any kind of Bop...lol...is where my solo style is coming from...but in the past, I've played most anything where a trumpet will fit or not fit...}8^D

I can't play an instrument, and while not original, per se, I think the song should have some originality associated with our obsession.

So, with apologies to Louis Jordan...

Let the cats all criticize
Joke about how my taste ain’t like other guys;
It’s reet with me
Because you see:
I like a hat like that

When a I spot a wearer on the street
It’s a whole heap o' honey, and ain't it sweet?
Looks so fine
I wish it were mine:
I’d like a hat like that

I see my buds online
In their duds so fine
Wide brims, stingy brims, crowns so big and tall
Gotta say, I like em all!
I wanna hat like that!

You have cool cats
slender and tall
bare heads and man buns I saw
My big fat crown is the best of all

Homburgs, Fedoras, Westerns and Straw
Stetson, Mayser, Knox and Cavanagh
Game Birds, Whippets, Dalton and all!
Custom lids, eBay bids:
I want a hat like that!

After I'm through workin'
I reach and grab my hat
Hurry home
log onto the zone
and look at hats like that!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I can't play an instrument, and while not original, per se, I think the song should have some originality associated with our obsession.

It’s reet with me
Because you see:
I like a hat like that

Looks so fine
I wish it were mine:
I’d like a hat like that

I see my buds online
In their duds so fine
I wanna hat like that!

You have cool cats
slender and tall

Custom lids, eBay bids:
I want a hat like that!

I reach and grab my hat
Hurry home
log onto the zone

this is great ... and I think we should build the music around this

moehawk

I'll Lock Up

It’s reet with me
Because you see:
I like a hat like that

Looks so fine
I wish it were mine:
I’d like a hat like that

I see my buds online
In their duds so fine
I wanna hat like that!

You have cool cats
slender and tall

Custom lids, eBay bids:
I want a hat like that!

I reach and grab my hat
Hurry home
log onto the zone
I like it!
But it needs more cowbell...

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I know you are here ... and you know who you are

I had an idea after reading something Tim posted in the Alley Kat thread

I think it would be awesome to produce a long distance FL track .... sort of a Fedora Lounge "theme song" if you will

anyone with any sort of recording software can participate ... which pretty much every musician on the planet has in some form nowadays

we can discuss here the style we wish ... whatever you guys feel comfortable playing over ... then I'll record the drum track and send it off to the next guy willing to throw some magic on top of it

we will continue that process until someone has the huevos to throw some vocals on top

could be a lot of fun and really bring this community even closer than it already is

lots of country and blues fans here ... maybe we could do something in that style ?

I'm down for whatever

also maybe you can film yourself on your phone or whatever while recording and I can eventually edit a video together over the tune

could be a lot of fun and live on here for all time

who's down ?

@bowlerman @Bird Lives @Rogera @Wesslyn @Gabe Long @etc etc etc

As many good people here that can add to the music, and as many songs that can be reviewed or used, you might have to make an album! No matter what, I think it is a great idea!

I know you are here ... and you know who you are

I had an idea after reading something Tim posted in the Alley Kat thread

I think it would be awesome to produce a long distance FL track .... sort of a Fedora Lounge "theme song" if you will

anyone with any sort of recording software can participate ... which pretty much every musician on the planet has in some form nowadays

we can discuss here the style we wish ... whatever you guys feel comfortable playing over ... then I'll record the drum track and send it off to the next guy willing to throw some magic on top of it

we will continue that process until someone has the huevos to throw some vocals on top

could be a lot of fun and really bring this community even closer than it already is

lots of country and blues fans here ... maybe we could do something in that style ?

I'm down for whatever

also maybe you can film yourself on your phone or whatever while recording and I can eventually edit a video together over the tune

could be a lot of fun and live on here for all time

who's down ?

@bowlerman @Bird Lives @Rogera @Wesslyn @Gabe Long @etc etc etc

Moon,
I read your post and I am glad to know I sparked something, different. I think it's a cool idea, like scooterz said, could turn into a few individual tunes. But I'd sure like to chime in. And I can put a top notch session worthy guitarist, in the jam. None of us have any recording equipment on my end though.
I'm really enjoying playing to backing tracks on YouTube and with a good system it works. If you got with a guy or few out your way, and have a backing track to upload on YouTube, that would be fun for me. For starters anyway, till we get our play list together . I know a farmer. ....lots of land.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
do you have any sort of recording software ?

I'd love for you and I to get this thing started ... lay down the meat and potatoes ... the engine room

you can pick whatever style you are comfortable with
Sorry I'm still in Washington state and have just checked in sporadically. I see Jim has come up with some lyrics and they are great! Unfortunately I'm not a composer so we need a melody don't we? I can lay down a bassline if I have something to play to. I can do rock of course, some blue grass and I could figure out a country bass line with some work. I guess as long I can hear something I'll work something out.

Sorry I'm still in Washington state and have just checked in sporadically. I see Jim has come up with some lyrics and they are great! Unfortunately I'm not a composer so we need a melody don't we? I can lay down a bassline if I have something to play to. I can do rock of course, some blue grass and I could figure out a country bass line with some work. I guess as long I can hear something I'll work something out.

Roger, there is a melody. I "appropriated" the lyrics from this,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana