Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Theme Song

Eelephant

Familiar Face
I would definitely get involved in this. A 12-bar blues is definitely the way to go. It is a language that nearly all musicians speak. Here is the way I can see it happening. Drummer lays down a slow blues beat, 12-bar blues, maybe 12 times around. Sends it to a bass player for the bass. Bass player adds bass and sends it along to me, and I and my son can add the guitar and saxophone. We would leave a few times through the progression blank (other than rhythm guitar) and send it along to the vocalist. Someone would have to write some words, too, perhaps about hats. This one is the easy part, especially if this is a 12 -bar blues.

My main question about this is one of a technical nature. How, technically, can all this be accomplished? Is there special software you would have to use (multiple track recording?). Would you send around files? Or is there somewhere online where this can be done?

Anyway sounds like fun.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I would definitely get involved in this. A 12-bar blues is definitely the way to go. It is a language that nearly all musicians speak. Here is the way I can see it happening. Drummer lays down a slow blues beat, 12-bar blues, maybe 12 times around. Sends it to a bass player for the bass. Bass player adds bass and sends it along to me, and I and my son can add the guitar and saxophone. We would leave a few times through the progression blank (other than rhythm guitar) and send it along to the vocalist. Someone would have to write some words, too, perhaps about hats. This one is the easy part, especially if this is a 12 -bar blues.

My main question about this is one of a technical nature. How, technically, can all this be accomplished? Is there special software you would have to use (multiple track recording?). Would you send around files? Or is there somewhere online where this can be done?

Anyway sounds like fun.
any sort of recording software
everyone would track to the files they get then send me the stems so I can manipulate and mix

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
But somebody has to start.

The drummer you say? Hmmmmm...

Right after he gets me those last two photos for the Three-way ad, I guess...:D
I'll get that track started ... and I'll get those threeway photos as well

just not enough hours in a day sometimes

so... we thinkin a slow blues a la "since I been lovin you" ... or more something a la "red house" ?

maybe a "sweet home chicago" type shuffle ?

maybe that grimy type "manish boy"?

lots of options

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I'll get that track started ... and I'll get those threeway photos as well

just not enough hours in a day sometimes

so... we thinkin a slow blues a la "since I been lovin you" ... or more something a la "red house" ?

maybe a "sweet home chicago" type shuffle ?

maybe that grimy type "manish boy"?

lots of options

Listen to "Runnin Blue" ??? BOZ SCAGGS.
Something in that style. A bit more "up."

Last edited:

Wesslyn

Practically Family
E to A to E to B to A to E is about as standard as it gets.
It's about 90% of Blues songs.
I've been recording with my band, but once I get my gear home I can maybe experiment with a jazzed up version of that progression.

Eelephant

Familiar Face
My two cents. Maybe I'm underestimating us here, but with what we are trying to do, and the way we are trying to do it, the simpler the better. I recommend a Red House type song, as moon suggested. It doesn't get any simpler than that. Let's get something simple under our belts before we tackle something more complex like Runnin' Blues, bitchin' tune though it may be, dig?

hqdefault.jpg

Eelephant

Familiar Face
Hey, all, OK, I would never be presumptuous enough to present this as the lounge theme song, I was just a little bored this morning, and thought I would record something and throw it out there for the fun of it!! Caveats and disclaimers:

1. Don't know squat about video making, or sound recording...
2. Not a singer! So, the singing and playing at the same time is rough too!
3. SOng is played along with a backing track from youtube.

Anyway, here it is! The Dirty Hat Blues....

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hey, all, OK, I would never be presumptuous enough to present this as the lounge theme song, I was just a little bored this morning, and thought I would record something and throw it out there for the fun of it!! Caveats and disclaimers:

1. Don't know squat about video making, or sound recording...
2. Not a singer! So, the singing and playing at the same time is rough too!
3. SOng is played along with a backing track from youtube.

Anyway, here it is! The Dirty Hat Blues....

Great start. We all can relate to the lyrics and guitar work is spot on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21