Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

jhoops01

One of the Regulars
I'm thinking they're hay bales, but having lived in a city my entire life, I'm not sure. Although a marshmallow farm sounds more exciting. The s'mores are gigantic!

Outside of Tesuque Market near Santa Fe, New Mexico. I think she likes the hat.

22557910725_328a9f53d7_z.jpg

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Checking another nearby cemetery for the headstone of my 6x great grandfather. Lots of information about him, but no one can give specific information about the location of the actual headstone.

This one only took up about a quarter of an acre in the middle of a subdivision. Lots of old headstones, but none of them turned out to be the right one.

Mount Carmel 1.jpg
Mount Carmel 2.jpg

Thank you. We count our blessings at being able to keep this gathering going. My dad is the youngest grandparent at 90. Donna's folks are 93 and 96. Her father insisted on driving the 65 miles to my dad's house. He felt good, except that he didn't want to have to step on the brake because his plantar warts were hurting. Donna drove home.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Alan really intimate portraits of three generation.
I admire the longevity and the wants of life of these old oaks.
It is an example.

Today we went to Ferrara 100 Km. southeast from Verona to see an exhibition
The show is dedicated to the birth of the Scuola Metafisica during the I WW
The painters are Giorgio De Chirico https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgio_de_Chirico e
Carlo Carrà https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlo_Carrà
The day was pleasant and we avoid the fog in the plain, the best ennemy during winter for cars trip.
n31dgh.jpg

Monica and me in the yard of the Estense Castle
106hqid.jpg

For all the lovers of Italian films, Ferrara was the location of De Sica Film "Il Giardino dei Finzi-Contini" that won the Accademy Award in 1971 as Best Foreign Language Film. It is the story of a Jews family of Ferrara from late 30 until the deportation

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thanks g.durand. Yes the Ferrara day is really pleasant.
For completion it is to say that Ferrara was the location for many films
and birthplace of Michelangelo Antonioni e Florestano Vancini two fundamental directors in the Italian cinema in the last century.
About the painters (De Chirico and Carrà) the Ferrara period (during a convalescent in the military hospital) was a pivotal moment in their artistic development.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ