Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

The wife and I took a day trip to Newport Oregon. The Oregon coast (the "shore" for you East coast folks...) is usually windy and cold in November, not today! Over 60 degrees and calm. Wore my Cavanagh stingy for less wind resistance, turned out to just be a good day for a Cav in general.
Smelt Sands 11Nov16.jpg

Newport Sea Lions 1.jpg

Mike Stingy Cav Smelt Sands.jpg
Mike Stingy Cav Newport.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Were you down in Newport, then, Red? A friend has a boat in the harbor there. He lets me borrow it sometimes when we gone down for a weekend. I didn't wear hats too often back then, maybe I could have avoided the malignant melanoma???

i-WdLNFPq-L.jpg

The southern coast, down by Brookings, has some real beautiful spots, too, and it's somewhat different than the northern coast where I had usually been. Fishing on the Rogue or Chetco rivers is very good, too.

i-kp2DBJw-L.jpg

i-MSJwqwx-L.jpg

i-C2b5sWD-L.jpg

Were you down in Newport, then, Red? A friend has a boat in the harbor there. He lets me borrow it sometimes when we gone down for a weekend. I didn't wear hats too often back then, maybe I could have avoided the malignant melanoma???

i-WdLNFPq-L.jpg

The southern coast, down by Brookings, has some real beautiful spots, too, and it's somewhat different than the northern coast where I had usually been. Fishing on the Rogue or Chetco rivers is very good, too.

i-kp2DBJw-L.jpg

i-MSJwqwx-L.jpg

i-C2b5sWD-L.jpg
Love the south coast. There are also wonderful sights as you travel up toward Astoria. Lots to see for a History Geek like myself!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Redfokker my wife and I are at least annual regulars to the Ore coast and Newport in particular. Always off season too, can't beat it for R&R.

Hurricane, be sure to reserve a couple of hours for lunch at Kings Estate Winery on your way to the coast (to Florence) from Eugene. Your taste buds will be rewarded with a memorable meal and grape. A stop at the Drift Inn Pub in Yachats is also highly recommended

Hurricane, be sure to reserve a couple of hours for lunch at Kings Estate Winery on your way to the coast (to Florence) from Eugene. Your taste buds will be rewarded with a memorable meal and grape. A stop at the Drift Inn Pub in Yachats is also highly recommended
I've heard their wine country down in the SW corner of the state is worth a visit. Microbreweries down there as well I'm told. Thanks for the tip Mike.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Oregon is decades ahead in the microbrew arena, and more breweries per capita... and world class beer to boot.

For wine it depends what you're looking for... Pinot noir, pinot gris, pinot blanc, gamay, etc in my area. Zinfandel, cabernet, merlot, etc in Art's area down Medford way... oh, and Syrah, I can't forget the Syrah.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points