Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

3da13aac57dbe8fcf2b31292462a317b.jpg

What to do on a 74°f day (straw hat and t-shirt weather) in mid February? Load up the crew and go explore an old abandoned industrial site.
70d6e8af2e98b017a05c1fe5e736e4a0.jpg

1c6ac71fe81a0b383ca671571fa38acf.jpg

ea8fcef38d37d16db20f59be583394df.jpg

de2c8e37c639f668e60a3685bcec685b.jpg

86807968a0af1c74e21930ed2a460ba7.jpg

BIG brim on that straw, Dale! The kids are really gaining on you, my friend!!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
3da13aac57dbe8fcf2b31292462a317b.jpg

What to do on a 74°f day (straw hat and t-shirt weather) in mid February? Load up the crew and go explore an old abandoned industrial site.
70d6e8af2e98b017a05c1fe5e736e4a0.jpg

1c6ac71fe81a0b383ca671571fa38acf.jpg

ea8fcef38d37d16db20f59be583394df.jpg

de2c8e37c639f668e60a3685bcec685b.jpg

86807968a0af1c74e21930ed2a460ba7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Great to see you Dale and dig'n your sweet redheaded crew. Bet you got your exercise quota in too! Like the last pic with the bomber

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looking at the photo on the right, I have to give you a lot of credit for sheer cojones (hat or no hat). My experience with wild boar is that they have a singular lack of any sense of humor when it comes to being shot at. Any time I've gone hunting for them I've spent a few hours practicing my reload skills with my .30-06, as I had one occasion when I discovered how fast they can be when irritated. Kudos to you for using the bow.

Scooterz

Practically Family
Looking at the photo on the right, I have to give you a lot of credit for sheer cojones (hat or no hat). My experience with wild boar is that they have a singular lack of any sense of humor when it comes to being shot at. Any time I've gone hunting for them I've spent a few hours practicing my reload skills with my .30-06, as I had one occasion when I discovered how fast they can be when irritated. Kudos to you for using the bow.

Ain't skeered! Mainly cause that one is made out of foam.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Pale morning sun for a walk up to an office of a telephone company.
Bad luck was closed for a timetable change
mbigix.jpg

Then I took the opportunity to sightsee in my town, as a morning tourist
2gtqekl.jpg

I'm here 700 meters from my office in the heart of the medieval centre
29fb38i.jpg

The squares are three, and each had a feature about a thousand years ago
343k9r8.jpg

Now they are the paradise for tourists who are now numerous throughout the year
2a8lzwn.jpg

The hat, Lobbia Borsalino was sold in Eastern Europe a few years ago, perhaps before the Second World War
312z48g.jpg

The color is "Mirtillo"
2hpsqib.jpg

I have enjoyed this walk in an uncertain sun, already on the way back the clouds covered the sky and now it's pouring.
I ask forgiveness for not having changed much the expression of my face, but I was in a hurry :rolleyes:

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
A good backup, such as a 44 mag revolver on your hip, is good insurance when the critters can fight back!

2gtqekl.jpg

I'm here 700 meters from my office in the heart of the medieval centre. The squares are three, and each had a feature about a thousand years ago. Now they are the paradise for tourists who are now numerous throughout the year...

Wonderful, Daniele. I can close my eyes and imagine two families fighting their battles in this piazza. I once had the chance to play a small role (Capulet) in the ballet some years back. My wife did the costumes. She gave me a hat with a very stingy brim.

swordfight.jpg

Pale morning sun for a walk up to an office of a telephone company.
Bad luck was closed for a timetable change
mbigix.jpg

2gtqekl.jpg

I'm here 700 meters from my office in the heart of the medieval centre
29fb38i.jpg

The squares are three, and each had a feature about a thousand years ago
343k9r8.jpg

Now they are the paradise for tourists who are now numerous throughout the year
2a8lzwn.jpg

The hat, Lobbia Borsalino was sold in Eastern Europe a few years ago, perhaps before the Second World War
312z48g.jpg

The color is "Mirtillo"
2hpsqib.jpg

I have enjoyed this walk in an uncertain sun, already on the way back the clouds covered the sky and now it's pouring.
I ask forgiveness for not having changed much the expression of my face, but I was in a hurry :rolleyes:
Thank you Daniele. You live in the midst of history, I am very envious. And that Homburg....no words.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful, Daniele. I can close my eyes and imagine two families fighting their battles in this piazza. I once had the chance to play a small role (Capulet) in the ballet some years back. My wife did the costumes. She gave me a hat with a very stingy brim.
Alan your imagination guide you well. In those squares and especially in the narrow adjacent streets were ambushes among the notables families for control of the city.
In the background of the first image it has been consumed in those years a political crime.
Two thugs of rival families to that of the Della Scala stabbed to death on the doorstep Alberto della Scala "Capitano del Popolo" of the Ghibellines.
Verona has had a huge development in the hundred years in which the family Della Scala ruled the city.
They were Ghibellines and gave asylum to the great poet Dante Alighieri, White Guelph (opponents), he in Verona wrote a large part of the Comedy.
Beautiful costumes of Verona of the Montagues and Capulets balet. Grandi complimenti alla costumista!
Two hundred meters from the photos there is this house of the Nogarola family
23ivwgh.jpg

in which lived Cagnolo also called Romeo

Thank you Daniele. You live in the midst of history, I am very envious. And that Homburg....no words.
Red you are right we live in the midst of history and we are so well used about this situation.
We really have from our birth such this beautiful vision that we are accustomed :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm