Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Cattus Petasatus

One of the Regulars
Bet you found it a lot cooler up here than Texas Cattus. Hope you saw some Orca while you were out there.

We love it up here Mike. We are staying with family in Lacy. We'll be over at the Tacoma farmers market this afternoon. If you see someone walking around in a Fed IV or BGCD, stop me and say Hi.

Lots of Orca out on Tuesday. Great tour. I highly recommend it.

Cattus Petasatus

One of the Regulars
Great Campdraft Cat, what is your lady wearing?

She is wearing a Stetson I found for her on Craigslist.
20130724_074228_zps0761f8aa.jpg

It's a modern 3x. I'm not sure what the official name is. We call it the gambler. She likes it. And it only cost me $20.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
We love it up here Mike. We are staying with family in Lacy. We'll be over at the Tacoma farmers market this afternoon. If you see someone walking around in a Fed IV or BGCD, stop me and say Hi.

Glad your enjoying your stay Cattus, hope you've been up here long enough to enjoy the fine weather before the last couple of days. There's a Farmers Market just about everyday of the week somewhere in Tacoma, if I remember right on Thurs it's downtown. Sunday's is just around the corner from my house. At any rate I will be out'n about so I'll keep an eye out Cattus. If you haven't gone already, the Farmers Market in Olympia is the best of em all.

Randall, you are seriously living large. And high. Is that an energy pyramid or something? Did you make the leap?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Ummmmm, Tony B of Tumwater hats is in Lacy Washington. Check out his website, you could get a tour and buy a new hat.

Later

...This photo is on my desk at work, and a coworker saw it and told me I "look like Sammy Davis Jr. in that hat"...
Oh yeah, the resemblance is uncanny! :pound:

On a serious note, that's a fantastic family portrait!!!

...My better half & my BG CD on a whale watching tour in the San Juan islands north of Pugit Sound, WA.
What a handsome couple! Your hats really suit each of you!

Thanks Zombie.
That's a good looking campdraft you have a few threads over. Love that silverbelly color
Thank you Sir. It's a great color, and very versatile as many have mentioned, but, as I'm sure you've read, getting the color to register accurately in a photo is a real pain-in-the-youknowwhat.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
WOW, Randooch-ah! (an attempt at an accent...) Seriously amazing pictures!

Randall, you are seriously living large. And high. Is that an energy pyramid or something? Did you make the leap?

Great photos Randall - I feel quite dizzy!

Thanks, gents!

Mike, that's a triangulation point used for satellite-assisted mapping. And no, I stayed on my own feet. :)

Excellent picture, Cattus! You two look very happy.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
She is wearing a Stetson I found for her on Craigslist.
20130724_074228_zps0761f8aa.jpg

It's a modern 3x. I'm not sure what the official name is. We call it the gambler. She likes it. And it only cost me $20.

It's the Eddie Bauer endorsed Stetson 3X western. I have the same hat! I changed the ribbon on mine, however, to a thin black one, and put in some dents: top center.

brown008.jpg

I am loving these photos. Glad to see a new iteration of this thread. Randall and Cattus, beautiful shots.

Last edited:
WoW, GTD; you've really piled on here, sir! Great photos showing lots of fantastic fedoras afield, friend. Did I count eight points on that buck?

Glad to see you had some luck. I really like the silverbelly, and that morning fog is really making me want to get outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto