Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Thank you all for the compliments on the Resistol BuckSkin.

Yesterday I went to visit another lighthouse, 100 kms away from my house.
This one also allows great shots.

20130908b.jpg

^^ As seen from a famous beach called "Praia da Consulação". People take "sun baths" on the rocks because people say it is good for your wealth.
Because the visibility yesterday was very very good, the Berlengas isles can be seen.

20130908a.jpg

^^ Stetson nutria with the lighthouse in the background

20130908c.jpg

^^ The lighthouse

20130908d.jpg

^^ "Praia da Consulação" seen from the top of the lighthouse

20130908e.jpg

^^ Lookinh North

20130908f.jpg

^^ Facing West, the Berlengas islands.

Today a black hat:
20130909.jpg

Resistol Black Gold 20x beaver

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Mike
Thank you for the excellent pics of your Pandora
At the Classic Car Show
Art on the noggin enjoying Art on Wheels
Just beautiful pics
Thanks for sharing !

Nice coastal pics & light houses too J E !

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Hear you on the spell check Charlie, we fight all the time and it's relentless. Thanks for the encouraging words guys, I wasted the battery on my cellphone taking these pixs and also went through a brutal editing process to cut down the numbers.

Brass Era cars don't do much for me but this massive Benz was definitely a contender for Best in Show

Really enjoyed the Woody's section, this was my favorite hood ornament on a 48 Packard updated for modern driving

Exhaust pipes give away modern horsepower

Buick Roadmaster

Not all Woody's are station wagons, check out the trunk hinges on this Chrysler Imperial

Is there anything better than a red interior?

The iconic Ford Flathead, this one sporting period correct hot rod bits but modern electronics

Holy Grail Porsche 911, a 73 Carrera RS and behind it the famous Brumos #59 935

A street legal Indy roadster, the Kurtis 500M, a real beast. In the background is the LeMay Museum's unique architecture the locals call the silver slug

More to come.......

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
My kind of Lamborghini, a 67 400 GT, note the red interior

The sun finally started breaking through and the temps and crowd increased. Lincoln Continental Mk 2 with beautiful fuzzy fedora in the rear window. Couldn't tell who made it but it was as nice as the ride

Like I said, is there anything better than a red interior?

Goes nicely with a black 57 Cadillac. Behind it is a 54 Kaiser Darrin with sliding doors

I love this massive Buick Estate Wagon

Getting too crowded and warm, time to leave a great event. Front to back: Packard, Alfa, Bugatti, Rolls Royce, and a couple Chrysler Imperials from the golden age

Just enough power for a last shot. I noticed they turned my Alfa 8C around too

Hope you enjoyed.

Last edited:
Awesome pics Mike. Thanks for sharing. I love old cars as much as I love old hats

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Great photos Joao... I moved these shots to this thread.
Great photos!
Thanks!

I tried to PM you but PM seems to be out of order.
Thanks. Something weird happened as I posted those picture on another thread.
Please move the second post (duplicate) of the "What Hat Are You Wearing Today?"

Joao, it has been many years since I last had the pleasure to travel in your country. I always enjoy your photos, especially the ones of the beautiful coastline.
Thank you!

Joao - great photos - you have a fascinating coastline. I wonder why your lighthouses tend to be square, rather than the curved towers we have here.
There is a huge diversity on my Country. We have square towers, hexagonal towers, octagonal towers, round towers (some made of cement, some metallic), no tower at all (installed on old coastal forts).
Even being similar outside, inside they can be very different. This one is square and have stone steps with walls on both sides (we can't see the middle of the tower). I've been inside another one square but it have a metallic "snail stairs" (the tower is round inside!). There is another one with a square tower but no inside wall.

Beautiful coastline Joao, glad you didn't lose your hat.
Me too. It would be impossible to recover it!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Just 2 Roger? You have more restraint than me. Personally my pockets aren't deep enough for any of em.

Scott, you were probably the best dressed man in the woods with that VS.

Long Island

Took a trip last weekend to visit with my Dad. Lazy late summer days at the eastern end of Long Island.

9.jpg

He walks buck at 8, 12, 3, 6 and 9.

3.jpg

Waiting patiently for 8, 12, 3, 6 and 9.

8.jpg

With Dad at the Beach Hut for the Friday night vintage meet.

7.jpg

6.jpg

Great Peconic Bay

2.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

At the front door of Cor-J seafood, a really special wholesale market.

10.jpg

At the back door of Cor-J.

11.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points