Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I played a gig a couple weeks ago with Cristen and Jud. Here's just a couple pics from the show. I am wearing my 1960's Stetson Real Panama Straw Western

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I'm confused. I was away for a bit. Is the old Fedoras Afield thread closed? I can't find it....

Just FYI - I'm not trying to fuel an old, ended debate - but the old "Fedoras Afield" was merged with "What Hat Are You Wearing Today". A debate started here. Lefty hit the pragmatic road and started this new thread. A wise decision that avoided the destructive Admin-bashing this could have developed into in many other fora. Being an efficient and active Admin it's impossible to make decisions, that is popular with all users - or that is objectively wise - every time. Then it's sometimes more constructive to act than to quarrel. Well done by Lefty! :eusa_clap

Oops ... I went to get a cup of coffee and finished my comment - and others had already explained [huh]

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I just now saw these, OUTSTANDING! I see you're an upside down lefty too, how cool. What genre of music is your combo playing?

Thank you very much, Perry!!! Judd and Cristen have a great acoustic band called Jasper Acoustic. They play everything from Country to Folk to Classic Rock to Jazz, etc. They are a VERY versatile band. They also play a little blues but wanted to add an electric guitar player that night to a couple songs. I have been playing Blues, Jazz, and Classic Rock for a fairly long time but my love is Blues. In those pictures I believe I was playing two Stevie Ray Vaughn songs, "Cold Shot" and "Pride and Joy." That gig I only played on a about 4 songs. Other gigs they play, often I will play percussion for the whole show. I have been playing drums even longer than guitar, so I will often play both at their shows.

Great pics Josh. Looks like fun. I dig that stetson panama. Maybe you could post some up close of it somewhere???

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
My Trip to Buffalo, NY - Part I

Thank you, Lefty, for starting this thread again!! :thumb: I remember seeing the chatter about a merge with the WHAYWT thread and then I got busy with work and vacation. Glad to see this is still around.

I traveled to Buffalo, NY last weekend to visit with some family. I tried reaching out to Alan, but he didn't want to hang out. :( Nah, just kidding, he was actually out of town. I was a little bummed, but no worries, I hope to make it back there next year. Here are a few shots from the trip. Unfortunately, I never made it in to the city, so I couldn't get any historic shots of the wonderful architecture, but I did take my cousin to the Bills home opener. I took my Emerson conversion; it traveled well, and it received many compliments...

Arriving to the airport...

0FAF847A.jpg

Walking to Ralph Wilson Stadium...

DE455186.jpg

The practice field (you could park four 747's in there, and stack them!). It was huge...

E83E0BCA.jpg

40AC26E8.jpg

498C07EF.jpg

"Wide Right" will forever haunt me...

9123FA7D.jpg

New friends, the Buffalo Jills...

6DC2B7AE.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
My Trip to Buffalo, NY - Part II

Game time...

F233BC23.jpg

2EB4568D.jpg

1E28FF8A.jpg

Half-time...

F45446B6.jpg

The Bills lost to the Patriots (I've read that book before), but I still believe...

92969413.jpg

Waiting for my plane in the airport...

046003C8.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
AnA--if "wide right" still haunts you, I'm wondering if you've seen Buffalo '66, the quirky indy film with the missed field goal as the back story.
Regardless, it looks like the Jills like your Emerson. ;)

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Josh, your literally rock'n that taco brim!

David, think I see a bit of weariness in the belief in that last selfie, at least your not a Browns fan ;)

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Great photos AnA. A very nice trip and very nice girls of course. That only was the trip worth! haha

Yes, the ladies were a nice bonus. That's Ashley on my left; she's the calendar cover girl. :)

AnA looks like you're having a ball.

Had a blast! It was the LOUDEST sports venue I've ever been to. Incredible fans!

AnA--if "wide right" still haunts you, I'm wondering if you've seen Buffalo '66, the quirky indy film with the missed field goal as the back story.
Regardless, it looks like the Jills like your Emerson. ;)

No, I haven't seen or heard of that film. The plot sounds prophetic and gripping! :eeek: I will look that up and try to watch it. Thanks for the tip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider