• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Robert C, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Wearin' a pair of AllSaints[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bushman and BobHufford like this.
  2. SpeedRcrX

SpeedRcrX One Too Many

With this weather I’m glad I’m wearing my Alden 405 with my new Okayama Denim x Japan Blue Sapphire slub denim

[​IMG]

Michael A, Edward, andy b. and 3 others like this.
  3. DrMacabre

DrMacabre Familiar Face

I didn't expected much when buying this but after a year, i really fell in love with my iron rangers. I pet them everyday.

IMG_3859.JPG

4. Same 'ol - Frye Logan captoe's [​IMG]

Michael A, dh66, A-1 and 3 others like this.
  5. Good ol' RW Iron Rangers [​IMG]

Michael A, dh66, handymike and 2 others like this.
  6. Old French military boots[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Michael A, haistelija, dh66 and 5 others like this.
  7. Mine are that exact colour. Barely worn anything else for the last three months or so, the soles are really hard-wearing. They took a week to stop blistering me when I originally bought them ,but some couple or three years later now they are superb. Shame they're pricey here in the UK (more so now with the weak pound), but they are great. I'd love to be able to buy a pair I could polish.

Actually, in terms of boots with a sheen., I've just today discovered the new(?) Wested Adventurer boot, essentially their take on the Alden Indy classic. They seem to have reviewed well among the Indy hardcore; I'll certainly be looking into them in due course as an affordable alternative. I know the Aldens aren't badly priced in the US, but last I looked in the UK they were GBP400 (compared to GBP250ish for a pair of Iron Rangers). The Wested boots are GBP110.....

handymike and Sheepdog149 like this.
  8. haistelija

haistelija New in Town

Those are absolutely gorgeous! It's great to see a pair in that condition!
    I have two pairs of those too. The other pair I had cropped to ankle height by a cobbler as I grew tired of the buckles, haha. Then I started to miss the buckles so I bought another pair! Too bad the second pair was in a quite heavily used condition despite being marketed as "dead stock".
    Overall great boots and would buy for the 3rd time!

Sheepdog149 likes this.
  9. galopede

galopede One of the Regulars

Those Wested boots look pretty good Edward. Hadn't seen them before.

https://www.wested.com/adventurer-boots-made-by-wested-3759-p.asp

I've owned a pair of the roughout Iron Rangers for a few years now and they are an excellent boot. I've treated mine to an occasional helping of a walking boot wax and they now have a sort of sheen in places like the toecap and I like it!

Gareth

Edward likes this.
  10. Bfd70

Bfd70 One of the Regulars

^ i have a pair of rough out IR. I'd like to see a pic of the results with walking boot wax if you have one handy.

11. galopede

Your wish is my command Bfd70! Not the best photos I'm afraid.

Or I would upload some photos If it would let me. Can't seem to load direct from my computer. Presume they need a host site. Any ideas which?

12. Bfd70

Bfd70 One of the Regulars

I've found tapatalk to be the easiest

13. galopede

Managed it!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Edward and BobHufford like this.
  14. galopede

[​IMG]

BobHufford likes this.
  15. Bushman

Bushman Call Me a Cab

Wearing my Harley engineer boots as part of my St. Nick costume for work. Random strangers wanting pics for their grandkids not included.
    [​IMG]