Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

bluesmandan

A-List Customer
AE Higgins Mill in cxl
950f4927639950a0a487b7f5308d90b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Some concert photo shows the russet Red Wing 877-ish boots but with more prominent heels, while these ones shows green, split moc toes

regius

FRYE boots sweats oil. I didn’t think this is possible, not that leather could not retain oil between the fibers, but that the oil manages to stay put until you wear the boots lol.
db65c4916bdcc158ff90dd66d530fc88.jpg

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
FRYE boots sweats oil. I didn’t think this is possible, not that leather could not retain oil between the fibers, but that the oil manages to stay put until you wear the boots lol.

Dang, that's interesting. I've never encountered that with my Frye boots.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dang, that's interesting. I've never encountered that with my Frye boots.

Neither have I. Never heard of it.
This can happen with any kind of boots made of heavily oiled leather when they're new. Just take a soft rag or brush and rub it back in. If you bought them first hand, they should've come with some care instructions addressing this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tropicalbob

This can happen with any kind of boots made of heavily oiled leather when they're new. Just take a soft rag or brush and rub it back in. If you bought them first hand, they should've come with some care instructions addressing this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks. Learn something new every day.

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
Sent my build sheet into to Wesco for a pair of Jobmaster's in black Horsehide, so pumped. They look like these 100th Anniversary's except I went with Nickle eyelets. I ordered some of the same Horween CXL butt strips for a belt I'll make with a Herman Oak liner, also some veg tan Kangaroo lace to lace the belt up with a Mexican braid. The braiding I'm not so pumped up about doing but I'll make the time.

Wesco 100th Anniversary Jobmaster.JPG
Wesco 100th Anniversary Jobmaster 2.JPG

regius

New 8188 Red Wing Muleskinner Peco. Appears to be discontinued soon as I couldn’t find any place online that still has it in full sizes. Found this old school workwear store here in Mamaroneck, wow. Like traveling back in time. But, the first few trial runs already gave me bloody heels! Can anyone shine some light on if this type of heel abrasion will go away? (I have not had a single pair of Red Wing new that didn’t give me pain!)

regius

Breakin' in a new pair of HELM boots (natural chromexcel)
68c4bfaa7c42e8f9af2abdde19553cb7.jpg

Hi, quick question, what are your most common pain as a result of breaking in a new pair of shoes? If any at all? Toe blister? Heel abrasion? Ball blister?

Sent from my iPhone using RW talk DB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112