Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fieldmaster #23 Review

fatwoul

Practically Family
indycop said:
Maybe you should be wearing the Fieldmaster in your avatar instead of that CAP

In time, in time. I've already had a fedora avatar, so I wanted a cap one. You ain't the boss of me.

HamletJSD said:
Hadn't seen that one before ...

I'm very proud of my Resistwoul. Looks pretty amateurish, but it's the hat that has taught me how to reshape, iron brims, resize, and how to do edge binding. The edge binding still isn't finished. Maybe if my work clears enough, it might be done by Christmas.

Rooster said:
So, as usual I'm confused....:eusa_doh: Who made the hat, and where do you get one?

JerseyJones, who posted in the previous page, is the Proprietor of the Camptown Hat Company.

Colby Jack said:
Great hat Robin! You (and Ken:D ) do wonderful work!...Can you post a side byside of your Fed dlx and the Fieldmaster . I'd love to see the difference in browns.:eusa_clap

Yes, of course. I was supposed to do that for the review, but it slipped my brain. Some comparison pictures will be here soon.

deelovely

Practically Family
fatwoul said:
In time, in time. I've already had a fedora avatar, so I wanted a cap one. You ain't the boss of me.
Yikes! :eek: Someone is touchy!! The pic in the avatar is pretty cool though Robin. And I really like the Fieldmaster... looks great!;) :)

fatwoul

Practically Family
Colby Jack said:
...Can you post a side byside of your Fed dlx and the Fieldmaster . I'd love to see the difference in browns.:eusa_clap

OK I managed to take one. AND it didn't take me a month to get around to it:

DiamondFedFieldmasterComp.jpg

As you can see, the Fieldmaster is a much more rust-brown than its companion. You'll also notice I've put a diamond bash into my Fed Dlx. It looks weird from this angle, I know, but I've never really been happy with this perspective when photographing hats. This picture was really just to show the colours. The Federation looks much better in the other angles over in the Diamond Authority, so go look.

EDIT: Oops. I forgot we were trying not to use the word "bash" so much anymore. Sorry. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto