Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fingerwave drying time

Hello Ladies!

I just wanted to ask, how do you manage to let your fingerwaves dry? It's surely impossible to sleep on them (especially if you use metal sectioning clips like I do), and what if you want to wear them in the evening but will be out and about in the day? I sometimes wrap a silk scraf around my curlers, that's my best idea so far, but this definitely stops them from drying as fast! I just thought I would ask and see if anyone had any suggestions for me!

Thanks a lot!

Love,

Emy
xxx

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I use metal clips and sleep in them and have no problems. I don't understand what the problem is with wearing them in the evening? My fingerwaves last 2-3 days and look just as good as day 1 without having to wrap them or rewave them.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
As far as the evening goes, I think she meant wearing the clips out & about during the day, if you're wearing waves that evening.

When I set my hair, I always do it the night before, and sleep on the rollers/wave clips. I wear a hairnet over my set and I don't have any problems, and my hair is dry when I wake up. My hair is quite thick, but not terribly long (about chin length). Also, my hair holds curl insanely well, so my sets always last 3 days at minimum.

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
How long it would take to dry would very so much from person to person. My hair needs AT LEAST 8 hours to dry, but I do finger waves on my best friend all the time and hers only takes a couple of hours to dry.
I also have slept in the wave clips before and not had a problem with them. They're really not as uncomfortable as you would think. However if you do have problems sleeping in them you can still brush out your pin curls/roller sets into that finger wave sort of feel.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I sleep in the metal clips as well with no problems. They don't fall out and careful positioning of the pillow will make them not press against your head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points