Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Aero!!! Battered Tan Teamster

Also, if it is a new jacket won't it stretch out a bit as it wears in and drapes? Leather does stretch doesn't it? I really don't know that is why I am asking.
I've never had a new jacket stretch ( what do you think would make it stretch or lengthen ). Just the opposite..it will slightly shorten when molding to your body or wrinkling with wear. Weather can also cause it to shrink somewhat.
HD

GW KY

Practically Family
After wearing all weekend, I realized how heavy this leather is. If this is gonna be my "warmer weather jacket", wondering if I should go vicenza cordovan. Really want to wear it with t shirts and light button downs. Teamster w corduroy is my winter wear.

Just want to make sure the vicenza still has a great look, not too light.

Gonna ask carrie about length before finalizing custom order

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
First of all I would carefully process everything through Carrie regarding sizing. The fit HWM sleeves look fine to me; the only question mark for me is the body length, which is the main issue to discuss with Carrie. I'm unsure whether the fit HWM with a 26" back length doesn't cover your belt because of a long torso, low rise jeans, or a combination of both.

Thurston loves zippers on the hand warmer pockets which, in my experience, abrades the **** out of my wrists. For the HWM consider a 2" corduroy strip at the bottom hem to protect the part of the lining at the D-rings. Regarding sleeves, your options are standard HWM sleeves with or without storm cuffs, zip sleeves in the back, or button cuffs. Personally I don't like storm cuffs, but that's just me.

GW KY

Practically Family
Ok, talked w Carrie for the 20th time:

Gonna do highwayman vicenza in dark seal.
Olive cotton sateen lining
no storm cuffs, standard sleeve
add 1/4 inch to length
take off 1/4 inch to sleeves
one non closure inner pocket

This will give me the warmer weather, comfortable, classic leather coat look to contrast the teamster. I want the dark brown to go with jeans and khakis, but not the purple that really shows in the sun of the cordovan.

The cxl was just a bit too heavy after wearing it all weekend. I picture more of wearing a t shirt and throwing on a brown leather coat almost year round. As much as I would love to show off how heavy my leather is, I just don't think i would 100% happy long term with the fit coat.

Fingers crossed, I think I will end up with the perfect two jacket combo that I pictured when I started this process.
Thanks for all the help and input, great group of people on here.

Woodyear

Familiar Face
I think its the pants, they sit low, jacket is well below navel. When i hitched em up a bit and tightened belt, the jacket hit exactly at bottom of belt. I wouldn't want too short for sure, but definitely want that "shorter" waist look compared to the teamster.
The highwayman is perfect with a t shirt, firm with a button down, and snug with a pullover under it. I envision it as a "warmer" weather wear (not freezing out), even with the thicker hide, and love the idea of it with a t shirt, jeans and boots. I can't get over how gorgeous the cordovan fqhh is and am having a hard time giving it back, haha.

Length is perfect, guys around here tend to like jacket length and sleeve length a bit long and frumpy. Highwayman is meant to be a shorter jacket, I have a size 38 highwayman with a 24" back length and at 5'11 it hits just to the bottom of my belt. I also have longer legs than most but with 26" back length i'm sure that hits anyone's waist who's under 6'2 or so. Your jeans are just sitting low that's all, and even still it looks fine with the belt showing. Sleeves are also a good length, I wouldn't mess with them too much if I were you personally.

GW KY

Practically Family
Length is perfect, guys around here tend to like jacket length and sleeve length a bit long and frumpy. Highwayman is meant to be a shorter jacket, I have a size 38 highwayman with a 24" back length and at 5'11 it hits just to the bottom of my belt. I also have longer legs than most but with 26" back length i'm sure that hits anyone's waist who's under 6'2 or so. Your jeans are just sitting low that's all, and even still it looks fine with the belt showing. Sleeves are also a good length, I wouldn't mess with them too much if I were you personally.
Just a 1/4 inch each, they are about perfect, thanks for the feedback

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
I would also say that the HWM, contrary to jackets like the Teamster or the Long Halfbelt, should be worn a bit shorter. It's more of a young man's fit.

Gav

Practically Family
I wouldn’t add any length to that hwm - it’s a good fit.

Am I the only one who thinks the teamster looks odd at the armpits - is it just big arm holes? Something I can’t stand personally.

GW KY

Practically Family
Well..at least you have an excellent fitting Teamster.
I hope a 1/4 inch doesn't compromise the length or sleeves. My Teamster is 25.5 sleeves, so 26 should be fine w highwayman.
The jacket length isn't that short(although I want it waist level for sure) the pants were hanging low.
I think it should be very nice...

GW KY

Practically Family
I wouldn’t add any length to that hwm - it’s a good fit.

Am I the only one who thinks the teamster looks odd at the armpits - is it just big arm holes? Something I can’t stand personally.
I got the 40 in teamster, so a touch wider under arm, but not too much. I hate baggy underarms as well.

GW KY

Practically Family
It's perfect! I could literally sleep in this jacket, vicenza so soft and color changes every time it hits light. Fit is spot on for me.
Bravo to Carrie and all the homeys on fl that helped me out.
Already planning next one.....

Pics to follow when I can shrink em enough

GW KY

Practically Family
20180112_164420.jpg
20180112_164432.jpg
20180112_164405.jpg

The lower armholes are better for layering, so they are perfect for winter jackets.
agreed
20180112_164420.jpg
20180112_164432.jpg
20180112_164432.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
The more I look at that GW... IMHO...that's the only jacket you would ever need. Just imagine what That will look like when it forms to your body and gets some honest wear. Save your money..you have reached the pinnacle on you first try..you lucky guy...;)
You might add a brownish NewsBoy cap to perfect the ensemble..!!

Greetings All: Double ditto what he^ said!!
Hell Yeah!!
Be well. Bowen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk