Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Panama Day of the Year!

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
Although Indonesia is a tropical country, since early this year we've been experiencing very heavy rain and wind, until today. That's why I postpone my plan to search for straw fedora... this foul weather would ruin it in a matter of seconds!

DblCoronaMS

One of the Regulars
It's rainy today but Spring is right around the corner! We just went through a week or more of Panama weather. Unfortunately, my Montecristi was vacationing in Oregon with a certain semi-well known hatter who's initials are Art Fawcett.

The important thing is that it's back and looks great. I might have to visit Art and see what he can do with me!

S

Samsa

I wish I could wear mine, but it's currently 20 degrees out. At least that's warmer than the 3 degree day we had over the weekend.:mad:

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Kaleponi Craig said:
Today it's a gorgeous 70 degrees in the SF Bay Area. I donned my Panama for the first time since October. It sure felt good!...KC

KaleponiCraig,

Could you kindly post some photos if I may ask????

This request coming from a panama hat photo addict...:D

Regards:

Tom

Kaleponi Craig

A-List Customer
HungaryTom said:
KaleponiCraig,

Could you kindly post some photos if I may ask????

This request coming from a panama hat photo addict...:D

Regards:

Tom

Tom, this was from the San Francisco Ukulele Festival, held last September. This was my first serious Panama from Paul's Hat Works in San Francisco...

sfukefest8.jpg

KC

indycop

I'll Lock Up
DblCoronaMS said:
It's rainy today but Spring is right around the corner! We just went through a week or more of Panama weather. Unfortunately, my Montecristi was vacationing in Oregon with a certain semi-well known hatter who's initials are Art Fawcett.

The important thing is that it's back and looks great. I might have to visit Art and see what he can do with me!
No pics?!:D

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Kaleponi Craig said:
Tom, this was from the San Francisco Ukulele Festival, held last September. This was my first serious Panama from Paul's Hat Works in San Francisco...

sfukefest8.jpg

KC

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Very nice photo - Panama jam session with Hawaii (?) shirt and RayBan...:)

tandmark

One of the Regulars
Hi,

San Francisco weather and Seattle weather tend to be roughly similar. Not this year, apparently! It's still too cold & wet for Panamas & other straws up here in Seattle.

This weekend though, it'll finally stretch to 60F/15C. I'll break a couple of straws out of storage just to celebrate the approach of spring. One of them I bought last year on eBay from Mrs. PanamaBob. It lacks the greatness of a true PanamaBob, perhaps, but at least I know it's not a fake Panama made in China or some such place.

Cheers,
Mark

Lon Goval

Familiar Face
It's always Hawaiian Shirt weather as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes an undershirt is needed, but I always wear Hawaiian shirts except when a band uniform shirt is required, or a Long Sleeve and Coat are needed.

Kaleponi Craig - ALOHA - Nice to see a Ukelele player here. I'm a "slack-head", sometimes referred to as a "slacker". Ki Ho'alu is my musical passion at this time. And I always wear a Fedora when playing.

Ralph

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk